• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns, Haynes, Miller

Jeremy Igo

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Meh. He played well on the special teams units but despite safety becoming a dire position we needed a warm body at, he was a complete non-factor on defense to justify keeping him around. He averaged 10.2 defensive snaps per game across 12 games last year and couldn't overtake Howden or Abram for the position (both of whom were brought back this year). Maybe he'll play better at CB for y'all but I wouldn't hold out much hope. As mid of a head coach Allen may be, he knows his stuff regarding the secondary so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on it.
    • couple more things re: extreme hots and colds and the EV use tax. In the winter months, I can confirm that the range isn't as far, but it has never given me range anxiety except the first time I made a trip to Myrtle Beach and wasn't accounting for it. I just had to detour and use a Supercharger for 5 min and the rest of the trip was no issue. Summer months have never been an issue at all.  NC has a $140.25 EV Registration fee every year, which amounts to the gas/use tax for ICE.        
    • Just seeing this thread, and after browsing, I figured I would drop in and add my 2 cents. I hope this answers some of the questions or misconceptions that I have noticed.   I have owned a 2021 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus since Dec 2020, and love it. Absolute best car I have ever personally owned.  Current daily driver of 100 miles round trip to work and back.  Level 2 Charger at home in Garage.   The battery in my car was still designed to charge to ~80% for daily usage, only going above for trips etc preferably. The current batteries they recommend to charge to 100%.   1st year was in an apartment, 40 miles round trip at that point. Would highly depend on public level 2 charger at the library near me, and would also use 110v at work occasionally on weekends. Supercharger for travel. It wasn’t the most optimal, but I made it work. No maintenance in this year outside of tire rotations.   Years 2+, I am now driving 100 miles round trip to work. Level 2 charger in my garage.  I get home from work at ~25% charge, and charge back to my daily 80% in ~3.5hrs. On 110v, you can expect that will be over 24hrs. So for daily driver usage you will want a level 2 charger. For piddling around town, 110v will probably be fine. I had a part fail that was covered under warranty, and tire replacement/rotations for maintenance.     Tires: I have 99k+ miles on my car currently. I will put my 2nd set of tires on it at ~110k.   When I have had people ask me how I like my car, I always show them these 2 pages from the Tesla app. The numbers there are based on what I pay for kWh ($0.11) vs est cost of gas in NC at $3.93 per gallon. People who are concerned about the higher cost vs ICE probably don’t figure in the gas savings, or time/cost getting oil changes etc.  My car payment isn’t that much higher than any other car I’ve owned (shrug).   I know this is personal, and I don’t like the guy either, but I would not let Musk keep me from owning the brand. Thats like Henry Ford keeping you from owning Ford for, well….   Tesla currently have the best charging infrastructure for travel. Longest trip I have made is to Williamsburg VA from Triangle region. No issues getting there, no range anxiety etc. Sure stops can take longer for charging etc, but they are mostly setup at restaurants, gas stations etc for breaks, but ideally you’re not charging back to full at a stop. The best way to travel is to charge enough for you to get to the next stop. It’s faster at the batteries get juice faster when they are lower.  I have never seen another brand using Tesla superchargers tho I have heard it’s coming. But I have seen assholes pull their boats horizontally in charging stations 😉   If you are curious about how an EV would play into travel, check out https://abetterrouteplanner.com . Put in any EV you want, it will show you the path, time and time per charge etc. Great tool.