• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select QB Will Grier in Round 3

Jeremy Igo

Just now, OneBadCat said:

They’ve shown their not always right about everything. Didn’t let Norwell play until injury. Didn’t start Norman when we needed his skills. Fox pulled the same poo Moore was clearly better than Jake Delhomme. Probably would have saved his job if Moore starts the season in 09

Yep, that's what I'm alluding to.  

2 minutes ago, beastson said:

I knew something like this would happen. Hurney truly is terrible after the 1st 2 rounds and that trend continues

You mean after only 1 round.

Name his 2nd round picks dood....ain't no damn first two about it. Just first...first.

It seems like a remember an interview with Tepper where he said something along the lines of we can not go into next year without a back up plan for Cam.  

At the bottom of the third can anyone really be that certain about any future pro bowlers.  This is where you take a risk on a backup QB and hope he can develop. 

3 minutes ago, panther4life said:

For whatever it’s worth PFF loves him. Their Analytics ranked behind Murray

Yep! I really don't get the hate. He's a much better prospect than Allen or Heinike. Seriously!

With coaching (and hopefully solid protection), Grier can be really good. His problem was pressure and the collapsing pocket. 

I said it last week: From the pocket, Grier is the next Brady, but under duress he's David Carr. He's almost literally a tale of two QBs. 

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Marty Hurney: “I think Cam understands, this is about depth at the position. This is about having competition and grooming young guys ... Cam is our franchise quarterback."

8:29 PM - 26 Apr 2019

Hmmm... Not sure that instills much confidence coming from a guy who drafted Jimmy Clausen....

1w41qofM_bigger.jpgPFF CAR Panthers @PFF_Panthers
FollowFollow @PFF_Panthers
More

Prior to the 2019 NFL Draft, @PFF_Steve broke down why the advanced numbers suggest Will Grier may be the steal of this year’s class. #KeepPounding https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-the-advanced-numbers-suggest-will-grier-may-be-the-steal-of-the-2019-nfl-draft 

D5IREXWWkAktQ0B.jpg
8:23 PM - 26 Apr 2019

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

I loves Allen's performance against the Saints. But let's remember he got hurt in his only start. Same as Heinicke. I think they like a big guy like Grier and think neither of the guys we have are durable enough. I wonder how their rehabs are going. Maybe the Panthers know something about Allen and Heinicke that we don't.

Yeah they are not backups like I've been trying to tell all of u, especially the ones that said oh Allen looked like he should start after beating 3rd and 4th stringers at NO

Archived