• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select QB Will Grier in Round 3

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

Ding Ding we have a winner!

If Cam shoulder is done this pick becomes a waste because his replacement will be in the 1st round next year. Baker Mayfield couldn't lead the Browns to the playoffs and he was the #1 pick.lol

People seriously think Will Grier will lead us to the playoffs?lol

People underestimate how stacked our receiving core is.  It's built where just about any QB could come in and put up decent yardage.  McCaffrey pretty much assures you an easy 5 yard pass half the time.  Moore and Samuel are crafty and can get open.  Are we really acting like Cam played like a top QB last season?

6 minutes ago, App Panther said:

Ok, ok. If you told me after the first three rounds we'd have Burns, Little, and Grier I'd be extremely satisfied. 

We had 4 picks, and got 3 players. We could have gotten an Olineman at 47, Chase Winovich at 77, a safety at 100, and got Grier at 115.

Can't make fun of Atlanta after today.

2 minutes ago, saX man said:

I agree that Allen showed we had a capable backup but it seemed like the coaches still preferred Heinenke for some god forsaken reason.  This at least avoids that potential ordeal.

They’ve shown their not always right about everything. Didn’t let Norwell play until injury. Didn’t start Norman when we needed his skills. Fox pulled the same poo Moore was clearly better than Jake Delhomme. Probably would have saved his job if Moore starts the season in 09

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:
he9WLR2z_bigger.jpgBill VothVerified account @PanthersBill
FollowFollow @PanthersBill
More

All these other teams, including the Patriots and Packers, have taken multiple QBs since 2011. But according to many of you, the Panthers shouldn’t only because they have Cam Newton.

8:30 PM - 26 Apr 2019

No. Its because we have many holes and Grier isn't anyone special.

I loves Allen's performance against the Saints. But let's remember he got hurt in his only start. Same as Heinicke. I think they like a big guy like Grier and think neither of the guys we have are durable enough. I wonder how their rehabs are going. Maybe the Panthers know something about Allen and Heinicke that we don't.

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:
he9WLR2z_bigger.jpgBill VothVerified account @PanthersBill
FollowFollow @PanthersBill
More

All these other teams, including the Patriots and Packers, have taken multiple QBs since 2011. But according to many of you, the Panthers shouldn’t only because they have Cam Newton.

8:30 PM - 26 Apr 2019

not only.  Patriots are a winning team with not a lot of holes and can affordmto draft a future trade piece in a backup qb.  Thee players on the board who can contribute to this team this year.

Archived