• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select QB Will Grier in Round 3

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, beastson said:

Are you nuts?

This dude aint leading us to no damn playoffs if we lose Cam

What?

This is a waste of a pick. We have too many holes. If Cam goes down, idk... how about deal with it and get a 1st round QB the next season

Grier can definitely win us games and take us to the playoffs. He will be the QB everyone will remember for not drafting. He put up more stats than almost all the other qbs but Murray. Can't wait for him to prove u all wrong!

1 minute ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Smh. So many of y’all saying “but we needed a backup QB!” What is Kyle Allen again? A young, former highly-touted backup that actually looked halfway competent in limited action. 

If Cam goes down, Grier ain’t doing a thing to save the season regardless. Meanwhile, enter Colin Jones at FS. We enter a deep draft with two third round picks and leave the third round with a backup QB that likely won’t see the field here. 

Truth right here. Although even if he sees the field, I dont see how he's much improvement with what we have and he won't "lead us into the playoffs" or be the future here.

1 minute ago, archer4364 said:

So many great safeties and corners on the board. Wasted pick. Unacceptable. If the Canes didn't just win I would be steaming right now. At least we got Burns and a LT. Deep breaths. Sigh. 

"Great safeties and corners," and "many" at that at the end of the third?

Come on, man. 

Are you nuts?

What?

This is a waste of a pick. We have too many holes. If Cam goes down, idk... how about deal with it and get a 1st round QB the next season

People who think Grier can lead a team into the playoffs have no business evaluating players. This team without Cam  would’ve been picking top 10 since 2014 kicking the tires on Fitzpatrick 

Are you nuts?

What?

Ding Ding we have a winner!

If Cam shoulder is done this pick becomes a waste because his replacement will be in the 1st round next year. Baker Mayfield couldn't lead the Browns to the playoffs and he was the #1 pick.lol

People seriously think Will Grier will lead us to the playoffs?lol

8 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Great Value pick

Just with Chauncey Gardner-johnson sitting there, I wouldve jumped on him and taken the risk on Grier falling to rd 4

Gaulden or Collin Jones very well could be our starting FS and thats down right scary

My exact thought. I was stoked about cgj still being there. That's 3 starters with 3 picks. If greir wasn't still there at 115(and I think he would have been) there are a few other QBs that are just as good if not better. One thing about Marty, he wasn't sneaky about who he wanted. The 3 guys he talked to the most are not Panthers.

2 minutes ago, Butterflyj30 said:

Don't we already have 2 backup QB's :thinking:

Yeah good luck with Allen and Henieke. I told y'all they wasn't backups they play teams in Atlanta that didn't care for winning and Saints played their team as if it was an exhibition. 

Archived