• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select QB Will Grier in Round 3

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You may turn out to be right, but you might not.

As it is with any of our draft picks, the team - and in this case, the Turners in particular - have fully evaluated Grier's potential and believe he can succeed in the pros. They could also be wrong, and if they are, the consequences for them are going to be a lot more severe than just looking bad on a message board.

No question and I am not one if those assholes that needs to be right more than I need my team to be good. I honestly hope guys like Little and Grier work out. I once famously stated, "Picking Cam Newton will be the biggest mistake in franchise history." It turns out, crow is pretty tasty.

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No question and I am not one if those assholes that needs to be right more than I need my team to be good. I honestly hope guys like Little and Grier work out. I once famously stated, "Picking Cam Newton will be the biggest mistake in franchise history." It turns out, crow is pretty tasty.

Being able to say "I told you so" is only fun if it's for a good result.

Losing sucks. knowing that you saw it coming doesn't make it suck any less.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Russell got gigged for his height(dumb in hindsight). Grier was not even close to as good of a college QB as Wilson. From an accomplishment or skill level standpoint.

The one thing I will give Grier is that college completion percentage is a fairly good predictor or NFL success, and Grier was an accurate college QB.

So was Geno Smith. It is more of the WVU offensive Scheme than the QB.  

I see Grier as a Drew Brees light.  While I personally dont think he will turn into a starter capable QB. He might be a serviceable QB. 

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

I see Grier as a Drew Brees light.  While I personally dont think he will turn into a starter capable QB. He might be a serviceable QB. 

I could see Grier being in the same form of a Jake Delhomme when he was here. Like you said, a serviceable QB with a gunslinger mentality. I am not saying he will start (quite obvious who our starter is) but if Cam gets hurt again, I could see Grier being a decent starter for us.... Then again, it is way early in the process to know anything.

As a passer he is right up there with the number 1 pick but the one thing that everyone says is he doesn’t drive the ball down field. Now for me he makes up for that with a quick read and release and throws with Anticipation something our quarterbacks never have been able to do. That’s what makes Drew Brees so great is his anticipation, but we will see how it works out.

5 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Yeah, admittedly, I think Grier is garbage. I just hope that is wrong  

13 hours ago, Squirrel said:

geno is better than cam

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

Well that didn't take long. I know someone in this thread predicted it, you weren't wrong.

Is Cam Newton's job safe with Panthers drafting Will Grier? (Yahoo)

Is Cam Newton's job safe with Panthers drafting Will Grier? (CBS) - which oddly enough links to a titled "Don't expect Grier to unseat Newton with Panthers"

just watched a first take segment on ESPN where Shannon and Skip both believe that the Panthers drafting Grier is a sign they are willing to replace Cam if need be. And they layed out some stats that cams been poor in since 2015 ended and the fact he's injured his throwing shoulder 2x in 3 seasons. 

Archived