• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select QB Will Grier in Round 3

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nah.

Bruh you've been spending months making Hurney out to be the Panthers boogeyman, all the sudden now that we drafted Grier you think they know what they're doing.

Maybe you don't have to offer an opinion every time they fart?

Just now, TheRed said:

Bruh you've been spending months making Hurney out to be the Panthers boogeyman, all the sudden now that we drafted Grier you think they know what they're doing.

Maybe you don't have to offer an opinion every time they fart?

Nah.

But hey, maybe you can actually talk about something original instead of just b-tching and whining about other people's posts

(it's a thought)

I mean Grier isn't the worst, but I'm legitimately afraid we reached for need at qb depth over a guy like Hakeem Butler.

Butler may have legit #1 WR build and skills. His big concern was consistency but he is a monster post catch. That said, currently still in 7th round and 2 big time wr available so maybe passing on wr will work out

8 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

And that’s entirely because of who you root for, so no logic is applied

No, that just the reality of drafting  a QB in the 3rd round. As I said, for every Russell Wilson there are 15 Eric Zeiers. Since 2000, there have been 25 QBs drafted in the 3rd round, 3 have been to a pro bowl. 3 have winning records. After Wilson , there's  huge drop off to Foles and Schaub, then the bottom really falls out after that.

17 of the 25 have started 16 games or fewer. 5 never started a game.  Odds that a 3rd round QB will be good just aren't good.

PFR draft finder, 3rd round QBs from 2000 to the present:

http://pfref.com/tiny/83cx9

8 minutes ago, falconidae said:

No, that just the reality of drafting  a QB in the 3rd round. As I said, for every Russell Wilson there are 15 Eric Zeiers. Since 2000, there have been 25 QBs drafted in the 3rd round, 3 have been to a pro bowl. 3 have winning records. After Wilson , there's  huge drop off to Foles and Schaub, then the bottom really falls out after that.

17 of the 25 have started 16 games or fewer. 5 never started a game.  Odds that a 3rd round QB will be good just aren't good.

You can post this until you’re blue in the face. People still aren’t going to accept it. 

Apparently, thinking this was a bad idea means you have some sort of agenda or hate puppies or something. It’s hard to keep up. 

It’s good to hear an unbiased view. 

26 minutes ago, falconidae said:

So, he doesn't work out.  We draft another QB in the 3rd next year.  Most teams recognize that the chance of drafting one of the Pro Bowl QBs is worth when you miss out the other times.  You could take that number and extrapolate it to any QB taken outside the top 10 and probably get similar results.

25 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You can post this until you’re blue in the face. People still aren’t going to accept it. 

Apparently, thinking this was a bad idea means you have some sort of agenda or hate puppies or something. It’s hard to keep up. 

It’s good to hear an unbiased view. 

says guy whose name is from a place in Auburn

It's good to read another unbiased reply

I didn't like this pick simply because of the inevitable controversy that it is going to cause. As soon as Cam has a bad game or two, there will be those calling for Grier to start. And I don't mean just the Huddlers, but also the sports media in general. It seems as though most of the media are not Cam fans and will jump at any opportunity to get him out of the picture. As soon as the media calls for Will to play, the bandwagon will begin to fill. That's just the way it is. So I would have liked to have seen the Panthers go in a different direction with this pick, even if the team did need a quality backup QB.

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

If there is one misconception I wish people understood is complete false, it's that teams in general - and the current Panthers specifically - are not willing to just let a whole season of football go for the loss of one player.

You don't tell 52 other guys you're just mailing it on because one guy went down. Not to mention that the coach and GM need to win to justify keeping them.

The Colts seem to have no issues having done this twice, once when Manning got hurt and again when they sat Luck the a year. 

Archived