• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select QB Will Grier in Round 3

Jeremy Igo

30 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I'm not even gonna get mad at the pick. Grier sounds like a good guy, we drafted him I'll support him. I understand why people would feel we should have used resources elsewhere but this is our draft and Cam is human at the end of the day so I accept it.

But I want to be clear. I will be talking mad poo to huddlers here if they start turning on Grier if he doesn't look like a hall of famer in his first preseason snaps. We know that's going to happen.

You mean how like cam supporters have been hearing the last 8 years?

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

You mean how like cam supporters have been hearing the last 8 years?

I'm talking about those that were the most vocal in wanting to draft him. Those are the fans who will change up faster than anyone here. Most of those fans always have something negative to say about Cam.

I've supported Cam and other players tooth and nail. I even stood up for KB when he came into camp overweight. I only stopped defending him when he showed his ass after he left. I'll support Grier unless he gives me a reason not to. Making rookie mistakes isn't it. That's going to happen. That's all I'm saying.

fb431594ffb3c9454b7da39fe922b51a_bigger.David NewtonVerified account @DNewtonespn
FollowFollow @DNewtonespn
More

Panthers' third-round pick Will Grier, his wife Jeanne and dad Chad arrive at Bank of America Stadium after their three-mile ride from Grier's uncle's house, where there was a big draft party Friday night. Chad Grier said he... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41062836-4 

D5K8o7WXsAALu3l.jpg
8:52 AM - 27 Apr 2019

12 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Then i guess its not as stupid. I just feel as though if Cam actually gets hurt this year id rather get his replacement in the first round next year in one of the most stacked QB drafts in recent memory

If there is one misconception I wish people understood is completely false, it's that teams in general - and the current Panthers specifically - are not willing to just let a whole season of football go for the loss of one player.

You don't tell 52 other guys you're just mailing it in because one guy went down not to mention that the coach and GM need to win to justify keeping their jobs.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If there is one misconception I wish people understood is complete false, it's that teams in general - and the current Panthers specifically - are not willing to just let a whole season of football go for the loss of one player.

You don't tell 52 other guys you're just mailing it on because one guy went down. Not to mention that the coach and GM need to win to justify keeping them.

Why waste your time ?  Quite a number of people on this board are just plain dumb and unwilling to listen to reason.  Specifically they all seem to be Cam fans, not Panthers fans.  I got to wonder if they're not  trolls from one of our NFC south rivals just stirring the pot.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If there is one misconception I wish people understood is complete false, it's that teams in general - and the current Panthers specifically - are not willing to just let a whole season of football go for the loss of one player.

You don't tell 52 other guys you're just mailing it on because one guy went down. Not to mention that the coach and GM need to win to justify keeping them.

Our coach and GM who have never had a winning season together and started 6-2 and finished 7-9 are somehow still here precisely because they apparently arent expected to win if Cam isnt 100%. So i dont buy that rationale. Despite what they might say or think, everyone in the organization knows this team goes as Cam goes and it wont go anywhere without him. Using a 3rd rounder on a backup QB when:

A. We have huge holes in the secondary

B. We don’t know what the Cam situation will be a year from now - if he comes in healthy and balls out this year this was a wasted pick

C. Next years draft is stacked at QB in the event Cam cant go on

seems dumb to me. Sorry if you disagree

21 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Our coach and GM who have never had a winning season together and started 6-2 and finished 7-9 are somehow still here precisely because they apparently arent expected to win if Cam isnt 100%. So i dont buy that rationale. Despite what they might say or think, everyone in the organization knows this team goes as Cam goes and it wont go anywhere without him. Using a 3rd rounder on a backup QB when:

A. We have huge holes in the secondary

B. We don’t know what the Cam situation will be a year from now - if he comes in healthy and balls out this year this was a wasted pick

C. Next years draft is stacked at QB in the event Cam cant go on

seems dumb to me. Sorry if you disagree

People with inside connections have agreed that Ron and Marty are not guaranteed their jobs.

And again, Newton is only under contract for two years. I know some people think Tepper is just going to hand his agent a blank check, but that's not realistic.

And I'll ask again what I've asked elsewhere. This is probably Greg Olsen's last season. You just going to tell him that were mailing it in because Newton went down? 

What about young guys like McCaffrey and Moore? Are you going to waste a year of their rookie contracts?

Speaking of contracts, some guys are in the last year of theirs. You going to tell them we're giving up?

This whole notion that 52 other players don't matter because one guy goes down is one of the silliest things on this board.

Archived