• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select QB Will Grier in Round 3

Jeremy Igo

10 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I understand. They went according to the draft board. Only thing annoying about this pick is that the racist element of this fanbase will want WG starting the sec Cam turns the ball over. 

It is sad that someone has a dumb notion and seem to always bring up racism and start a rampant bunch of crap posts. Not one person here has said anything about this being about racism at all yet and you want to start instigating to get the negativity started on it.

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

So hot take according to the Huddle we got

Everette Brown 2.0

Byron Bell 2.0

Jimmy Clausen 2.0

All courtesy of Hurney 2.0.

(or 1.5, as I've been seeing around the board)

My own take: Hopeful on Burns, skeptical of Little, happy about Grier.

As with any draft, I'm hoping all turn out great.

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It has been a real puzzling draft for us. But, every player we have been rumored to be on we ended up with, unquestionably to a fault with the trade up for Little.

We still sit with a huge hole at safety. I guess the answer is on the roster. :eyeroll:

Still the fourth Rd. A couple guys left. U never know what u going to get 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

All courtesy of Hurney 2.0.

(or 1.5, as I've been seeing around the board)

My own take: Hopeful on Burns, skeptical of Little, happy about Grier.

As with any draft, I'm hoping all turn out great.

Im hopeful of burns and little, kinda skeptical of Grier that Clausen pick and resulting disaster was all too real, but I understand why it had to be made.

Backup QB seems like a wasted pick, until you need him. You lose a G, you can get by with a backup.  Lose a S, you can be OK.  Lose your QB, and you are done. 

Grier is smart, which means he is probably coachable and a fast study.  We have weapons.  Get them the ball quickly.  At WVU, he threw deep passes effectively--he did not have the weapons for a short game--here he does.  If he can perfect the short passing game and throw the deep ball with accuracy, Oh my--he could be special. 

And maybe they think the offense has evolved so that you do not need a strong-armed, 250 lb running qb.  Maybe they know something about Cam's shoulder.  I dunno--but this does not mean Cam is done.  However, we cheered when he ran and took on DBs.  We applauded when he went airborn to cross the goal line.  You have to wonder how much damage has been done.  I hope not, but reality needs to seep into the conversation.  Most RBs peak at 28--for a reason.  They have taken a beating.  Has Cam become mortal?  If so, we have an answer---maybe not THE answer, but we have an answer.

And if you have not noticed, small QBs are now all the rage--Look at Russell Wilson's contract, Dak Prescott, both of the past 2 first overall draft picks.  Makes you wonder about the new NFL.

49 minutes ago, Lumps said:

What about all the racists that show up due to Cam? The ones who only root for him because he’s black? The ones who would rather see the Panthers fail as long as a black man stays at QB?

Mods ya'll gotta clean this up. Wow. Just wow.

I'm not even gonna get mad at the pick. Grier sounds like a good guy, we drafted him I'll support him. I understand why people would feel we should have used resources elsewhere but this is our draft and Cam is human at the end of the day so I accept it.

But I want to be clear. I will be talking mad poo to huddlers here if they start turning on Grier if he doesn't look like a hall of famer in his first preseason snaps. We know that's going to happen.

2 hours ago, mcsmoak said:

If?  It’s not a question that he has issues.  The unknown of whether it will impact him in the short term and long term is why you get a guy like Grier to let Norv develop and have ready in case you need him.  Best case scenario is you don’t need him at all, worst case you have a capable guy to step in and help win a game.   

If Cam's shoulder has issues like the end of last season he's done, and a 3rd round QB isn't gonna help wins games especially in our system. Norv hasn't developed anybody in 15 years, he's a dinosaur. You don't use 3rd round picks on QB's when you have a young franchise QB period 

Archived