• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select QB Will Grier in Round 3

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, CatTower said:

Because you can't win without a QB.  Cam couldn't make it the season last year.  This gives us the ability to pull him immediately and put a guy in there who can still lead us to the playoffs.  At worst, he'll be the backup for a few years.  Today was all about Cam.

If Cam gets injured the seasons over, stop acting like Grier is some bonafide sure thing. Theres a reason he went late 3rd as a QB. This is a shot in the dark at replacing newton.

I wanted a Safety or DT but I understand the pick of QB. If Cam doesn't come back we start at least grooming a potential future starter. Or it's a better back up which could also have Allen as the 3rd QB (I see them keeping 3 QB's this year). If Cam turns out good and plays into a another big contract, he is either a solid back up or trade bait in a couple of years. Didn't care for the timing of the pick but I understand it. 

33 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Ben was in his 30s, Hundley was a 5th round pick and Eli is washed  in his 30s and the giants are not a team to model yourself after.

And Cam has shoulder issues with no backup option at QB.  30s and healthy vs 29 and injured, come on

6 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

I don't doubt that at all. He's nobody. He's Jesse Palmer. A "celebrity" in a world where people are famous for being famous, not because they did something or have a talent.

We drafted a Kardashian. The analysts even said it had more to do with the recievers.

lol what an awful post

Touchdown Jesus gotta be better than Clipboard Jesus so we got that going for us.

but big picture this isn’t bad.  We need to groom young talent and we need talent given Cam’s shoulder.  

Cam is still the man but I feel good with Grier and Allen at backup

for those freaking out? Keep in mind I am not sure Cam even is throwing right now.  He could throw last season.  He might need a Luck year or he could never come back right or he could be MVP Cam.   But addressing QB depth is something any responsible franchise would do 

6 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

If Cam really does have shoulder issues you don’t draft a filler third rounder 

If?  It’s not a question that he has issues.  The unknown of whether it will impact him in the short term and long term is why you get a guy like Grier to let Norv develop and have ready in case you need him.  Best case scenario is you don’t need him at all, worst case you have a capable guy to step in and help win a game.   

Archived