• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select QB Will Grier in Round 3

Jeremy Igo

Just now, trueblade said:

I can't feel good about this pick because of how bad he looked in Mobile (Senior Bowl). Our new LT looked pretty bad there as well if memory serves. 

Really, really hope I'm wrong about both young men. 

Did you watch the Senior Bowl?

Grier was made the starter and did quite well. Had the South out to a 9-0 lead before he was pulled.

He struggled early on in practices, but he got better, was named the starter, and lead the team. I don't see the issue here.

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

I can't feel good about this pick because of how bad he looked in Mobile (Senior Bowl). Our new LT looked pretty bad there as well if memory serves. 

If he blows up at Senior Bowl he is drafted #6th overall. 

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

poo man I have to watch these games. I keep reading different takes of the same games.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

It has been a real puzzling draft for us. But, every player we have been rumored to be on we ended up with, unquestionably to a fault with the trade up for Little.

We still sit with a huge hole at safety. I guess the answer is on the roster. :eyeroll:

Puzzling?

Needed Pass rush? Drafted Brian Burns. Protect Cam? Draft Greg Little. What if Cam gets hurt again?! Draft Will Grier.

This has been nothing but an obvious draft so far.

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Carolina Panthers – QB Will Grier, West Virginia

The Panthers get an absolute steal of a value pick in Will Grier. He’s also one of Steve Palazzolo’s favorite QBs in this draft and the highest rated player left on the PFF Big Board at 24. Grier is a rhythm thrower who has the ability to develop behind Cam Newton.

• No. 3 passer rating from a clean pocket among class QBs

Clean pocket throws is a terrible metric according to Trent Dilfer. 

7 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Carolina just got the steal of the draft, Will Grier, who'll be much better than Daniel Jones. BUT Cam Newton is only 29. Unless the Panthers think Cam is going to have more & more injury problems, I don't get this. Grier is no long-term backup. He's 2nd best QB in this draft.

Skip Bayless liking the pick is about as bad a news as hearing Grier has no intact ligaments in either knee.

New Orleans had nine representatives at the pro day, the most of any single team, per Alex Hickey of the West Virginia MetroNews.                                                                                                                                                                                                   https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/22/saints-draft-prospects-will-grier-west-virginia-pro-day/

3 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Did you watch the Senior Bowl?

Grier was made the starter and did quite well. Had the South out to a 9-0 lead before he was pulled.

He struggled early on in practices, but he got better, was named the starter, and lead the team. I don't see the issue here.

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

poo man I have to watch these games. I keep reading different takes of the same games.

I know I remember coming away unimpressed, but after XClown's account, I need to go back and re-watch it. 

3 minutes ago, Gazi said:

“You’re coming home kid, alright?” 

Hurney standing there hovering reminds me of when my grandma when her grandkids are calling and someone else in the house picked up the phone first 

Archived