• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select QB Will Grier in Round 3

Jeremy Igo

People on this board trip me out. Will Grier was HIGHLY underrated and started launching up draft boards during the draft process. We were lucky to get a QB of his caliber in the late 3rd. He can be a great long-term backup, possible starter, and his value will only increase under Norv. 

You can game plan around having a mediocre FS. No amount of game planning will get around having a mediocre QB. Especially for more than 1 or 2 games. 

The hysterics in this thread over taking a third round safety vs a fourth round safety are hilarious. 

1 minute ago, App Panther said:

Grier is going to get playing time. Newsflash, Cam is not getting any healthier as he ages. 

Best case scenario is Grier plays well and is showcased for 4-5 games and someone that can't develop QBs forks over a 1st.

He’s 29. What is this, gymnastics?

4 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

People on this board trip me out. Will Grier was HIGHLY underrated and started launching up draft boards during the draft process. 

This is just blatantly false. Grier was getting potential #1 overall talk early on in the college season. He was getting 1st round talk until the media types actually got a feel for what real NFL talent evaluators thought about him. 3rd-4th round is where most settled on with Grier.

7 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

People on this board trip me out. Will Grier was HIGHLY underrated and started launching up draft boards during the draft process. We were lucky to get a QB of his caliber in the late 3rd. He can be a great long-term backup, possible starter, and his value will only increase under Norv. 

Actually, I think he was highly rated last year, and then played the season where he fell down draft boards. At one point he was considered a first round quarterback, until last season, and this off-season.

Just now, XClown1986 said:

He was also a huge recruit coming out of school and has the front-runner mentality.  I honestly think we got the best QB in this draft.  I'm a huge fan of this, hate Hurney and adore Cam.  I like the winners who have the gunner mentality.  Not these pussies who measure up to prototype standards (I.E. the Gabbert, Lockers, Jones, Tannehills, Smiths, etc.)  

Also, the people getting bent out of shape over our safeties are obviously ignoring every draft since Grant/Minter. 

This draft is mint seeing the board reaction and when the results are fine.  Gaulden didn't do a damn thing last year so don't act like you were expecting a day 1 starter.  We got a top-5 QB in a draft.     

The Pats drafted Cassell, Mallett, Jimmy G. and guess what? That team and fanbase survived because those guys glimmered when needed but had a franchise QB.  Then, they go out and get max value for them.  Acting like this is not valuable under any circumstances is not valid.  

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is just blatantly false. Grier was getting potential #1 overall talk early on in the college season. He was getting 1st round talk until the media types actually got a feel for what real NFL talent evaluators thought about him. 3rd-4th round is where most settled on with Grier.

And as everyone knows, literally all great QBs were draft in the first round 

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

not happy about this pick, had starting safety sitting there and get a backup qb.  We arent winning poo with will grier at qb

No poo Sherlock ...he's a backup, say it with me ,backup.

Pipe down Skeeter, he wasn't drafted to compete with Cam, he's here for insurance.

Archived