• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney tried to trade up into the 20s for Greg Little

Jeremy Igo

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again, more work doesn't guarantee it's the right call.

You're invoking Hurney's history of success with first rounders. I'm referencing his failures taking players that the rest of the league passed on. The reality is that both of those things are valid. One or the other of these things will apply to Little, but we don't know which one.

I hope it's yours, but it could be mine.

I will,say it. It's a huge reach with a high upside. We mortgaged two starters in the NFL for it no doubt.

33 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Given that this is  Matso's guy and he will be coaching him up I feel optimistic this is going to work out. I don't care about the past, I am all about the now. Hurney isn't making the choices, he is getting the guys that his people tell him to get. Given what Matso has done with lesser talent, why would you think this isn't going to work out?  What happened a decade ago?

Yeah really. Matsko has spent his career making productive starters out of later round picks.  Let’s see what he can do with  this.  

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

and again, based on the successes he's had with guys he vetted in the first round...signs are pointing towards me being right.

he's here. he's the new big ugly. you might as well jump on board and be glad that a guy who hits homeruns in the first round wanted to pick him in the first.  don't let your bias against hurney keep him from your sig.

Rayz, you can tell me your opinion of the guy. You can tell my why you disagree. But telling me how to feel about it is a little silly.

Trusting Marty to make good first round picks has some backing. Second and later, not so much. And Little isn't the only guy we've taken in the second that we had a first round grade on.

First round picks are only one piece of the puzzle though. I don't trust Marty to build a championship team, and I won't until he gives me a reason to. That hasn't happened yet.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rayz, you can tell me your opinion of the guy. You can tell my why you disagree. But telling me how to feel about it is a little silly.

Trusting Marty to make good first round picks has some backing. Second and later, not so much. And Little isn't the only guy we've taken in the second that we had a first round grade on.

First round picks are only one piece of the puzzle though. I don't trust Marty to build a championship team, and I won't until he gives me a reason to. That hasn't happened yet.

you've got every right to be miserable about the pick. I just think there's quite a bit to go on to give the pick the benefit of the doubt.

Just now, rayzor said:

you've got every right to be miserable about the pick. I just think there's quite a bit to go on to give the pick the benefit of the doubt.

I give Burns the benefit of the doubt. I like this pick a lot less.

Again, hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.

Archived