• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney tried to trade up into the 20s for Greg Little

Jeremy Igo

17 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Love the pick. He's got plenty of potential to be an elite LT from my review.

We may have finally drafted our steady anchor at LT. Future's looking bright.

A lot of your haters are gonna be Saca Lovers after this post, bro.

Nice work! :tongue:

16 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I don't mind that he put feelers out. The fact nobody bit shows that he used restraint and didn't offer anything ludicrous. I'm extremely happy with how things have went to this point. 

This. I don’t mind that he tried at all. The fact a deal wasn’t made shows he wasn’t willing to give up that much. Though losing 77 was an overpay. If little works out it’s worth it

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember back in 2010 we tried to trade up for a player that we thought "other teams were wrong about" too.

We don't have a very good record on general with players that other teams devalued. Hope this one goes better

compare the amount of homework done on both players. sorry, weak comparison. clausen was an unknown to hurney. panthers spent more time with little than any other prospect this year. they knew what they wanted and liked what they saw. he put in the same or more work in little as he does in all of his first round homeruns.

11 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Matsko clearly liked him and matsko made Chris Clark into a serviceable left tackle.  He also turned daryl William's, trai Turner, and Andrew norwell into pro bowlers.  I'm willing to give the benefit if the doubt for a guy they clearly loved and wanted as a part of our team

This is the good news.  Matsko is a Tackle whisperer.

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

compare the amount of homework done on both players. sorry, weak comparison. clausen was an unknown to hurney. panthers spent more time with little than any other prospect this year. they knew what they wanted and liked what they saw. he put in the same or more work in little as he does in all of his first round homeruns.

Isn't that because he was gonna be our pick at 16 if Brown didn't fall?

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Isn't that because he was gonna be our pick at 16 if Brown didn't fall?

pretty much. this was an educated and informed decision by someone who typically does well with his first round picks. due diligence was done.

Archived