• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney tried to trade up into the 20s for Greg Little

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Ship said:

It’s possible teams got it wrong about Little and it that’s the case, we just dominated the draft with two studs in the trenches.

Precisely what the doctor ordered.  Let Burns come to us and went up to grab our coveted offensive lineman outside of Jonah Williams.  Excited to see what happens 3-37.  Hell, I'm not opposed to another trade up (but maybe tomorrow in the 4th)  

Really want this pick to work out. If it does, it makes sense trying to move up into the 1st to get the bonus option year. Would allow us to pay Moton, move on from DWill (who I'm still high on), and have a franchise LT on a rookie deal.

If it doesnt, gonna be another notch on the long, long list of Hurney 2nd rd failures 

I'm skeptical of him. But he's a Panther now, and he has my full support. I think the best thing for him though is not to start too early in the LT position. Even our best LT Gross played RT his first year. This is where Rivera's conservatism may actually work in favor of a player's long term development. Give him a chance to play at LG or even RT. If he excels and if either Moton or Williams underperform or with William's case leaves for big money, we can move him next year to a Tacke spot.

Archived