• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers trade up to select Greg Little in round 2 of the NFL Draft.

Jeremy Igo

After thinking about it further I like the pick even more, the consensus opinion on here the last 5 seasons was don’t draft a tackle because there isn’t one worth drafting in either rd 1 or 2, well we finally drafted one, and which is all i can ask for, that’s a real investment, whether in the right tackle will be interesting seeing the run made on tackles at the end of the 1st and beginning of the second. 

30 minutes ago, Michaelinraleigh said:

I have zero issue with his off the field personality. 

A lot of the nicest most mild mannered guys I know are Special Operators that kill people for a living.

It's about flipping the switch when you go to work.

Keuchly, for instance.

This pick is so interesting especially considering Marty and team were tempted to pick him at 1. They are extremely high on him and it seems like for good reason with the lack of sacks given up in the SEC. 

Boom or bust is such and internet mock drafter term. How many "safest guy in the draft" turns out to be a bust. I believe Matt Kalil was the safest guy in the draft. 

Here is the good side of this pick--first of all, he has all the tools to play LT in the NFL---so have others who failed.  He will need help as a rookie--and he will struggle at times.  They will scheme against him.  We will scheme against that notion.  However, let's say Moton is at LG and Williams is at RT---I hope it is the other way around----and Little convinces us that he is not a LT.  In 2020, move Little to LG, Moton to RT, and continue your search for that LT---who knows, maybe Daley steps up and takes the job after a year of Matsko.

1 hour ago, yasuhara2241 said:

This pick is so interesting especially considering Marty and team were tempted to pick him at 1. They are extremely high on him and it seems like for good reason with the lack of sacks given up in the SEC. 

Boom or bust is such and internet mock drafter term. How many "safest guy in the draft" turns out to be a bust. I believe Matt Kalil was the safest guy in the draft. 

We had 4 contacts with him--more than any other player---pro day, private visit, combine, and one other.  We know him better than any other player.  I have an idea that they were looking at him as the first rounder at some point.

If he plays LT, LG or the main back up to start the season, our O-line is better and that's what we needed. We all can't have every player so believe in their research. RR and MH are working for their future right now. Gotta trust in them they are not taking this lightly. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Here is the good side of this pick--first of all, he has all the tools to play LT in the NFL---so have others who failed.  He will need help as a rookie--and he will struggle at times.  They will scheme against him.  We will scheme against that notion.  However, let's say Moton is at LG and Williams is at RT---I hope it is the other way around----and Little convinces us that he is not a LT.  In 2020, move Little to LG, Moton to RT, and continue your search for that LT---who knows, maybe Daley steps up and takes the job after a year of Matsko.

That's funny...  more hope for Daley to develop than for Little...if Matsko can develop Daley he certainly can develop Little

6 hours ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Kalil is a good example. Heading into the draft he was being penciled in as a career LT, Pro Bowler, and he had a great combine. I remember rumors about his attitude being a big deal because there were so few other weaknesses on paper.

38 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Kalil is a good example. Heading into the draft he was being penciled in as a career LT, Pro Bowler, and he had a great combine. I remember rumors about his attitude being a big deal because there were so few other weaknesses on paper.

Aaron Curry "safest" 

Robert Gallery "safest" 

Those are the first 2 that comes to mind off the top of my head. People who analyze draftees put in so many hours in the film room so when a team sees something in a player that they don't see or didn't want to see they put these labels on players and teams. 

Also, I feel good about Little. Also, did Jordan Gross have that mean streak that people are bagging on Little for not having? 

Archived