• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers trade up to select Greg Little in round 2 of the NFL Draft.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Yeah, the two guys on their Draft show are better than that guy. I thought it was Matt Miller giving the grades. I like Miller a lot. I don't know who the fug Mike Tanier is. 

I was breaking you balls on the BR thing in general. I’d read the Tanier mocks earlier and saw the grade and was like WTF?

Someone explain this to me

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25501194/ole-miss-greg-little-top-rated-offensive-tackle-enter-nfl-draft?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

how do you go from 8th overall and best tackle in December to people bitching that we pick him up in the second round in April? How do you fall that much without playing football?

@Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25501194/ole-miss-greg-little-top-rated-offensive-tackle-enter-nfl-draft?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

how do you go from 8th overall and best tackle in December to people bitching that we pick him up in the second round in April? How do you fall that much without playing football?

@Mr. Scot

How do you go from being touted as a high pick to falling into the second round?

The draft process is full of risers and fallers.

7 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

@Mr. Scot

Answer: Combine measurable that produce elite talent like Stephen Hill :)

What a pessimistic fan base.

The argument of people saying, “he’d likely be there at 47” is complete bs. 5 Tackles (4 in the first, 1 in the second) went before panthers traded up to get Little. Little was the only pure left tackle remaining on the board. He has a legit chance to be a franchise LT. No way he would have fallen 10 picks. And if you were paying attention to the draft, you’d notice bills immediately traded up to get Cody Ford because just like you guys, they probably had assumed he’d fall to them and realized, “oh wait, no he’s not”. And then 4 picks later, broncos draft Risner. So no, he wouldn’t have made it to us at 47 because teams were in need of OTs. Just because people don’t like a player, doesn’t mean you can just say  “he would have been there at our pick”. Also, for anyone who is wondering why we paid so much for moving up by giving the 77th pick when we could have given up the 100th pick instead, it’s about competition  Seattle most definitely had Bills on the phone and Panthers gave their 2nd and 77th to beat their offer. As soon as the Panthers trade went through and they drafted Little, they called Raiders and got the deal done with them to draft Ford. 

Overall Little pick grade: A

1 hour ago, Jaxel said:

Answer: Combine measurable that produce elite talent like Stephen Hill :)

Lol that’s so true 

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

@Mr. Scot

Teams have their own evaluation process it seems like GMs fall in love with things about prospects along with the kids potential/talent that makes guys like Daniel Jones go before a more productive Haskins. I believe we just hit it big after time with Matsko we should at least get a good four years of production playing above average to pro bowl level it was worth everything we gave up easily. A strong O-line for us makes us a scary team to face

Archived