• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers trade up to select Greg Little in round 2 of the NFL Draft.

Jeremy Igo

35 minutes ago, Chosen Newton said:

Wait....so everyone was screaming for tackle help and now that we get one, it’s a bad pick? No way he would have made it to our pick had we not traded up. We’re nailing this draft! 

Would you have been happy with drafting Johnny Manziel because we needed a quarterback?

Not saying Little is as bad as Manziel mind you, but it's not automatic that a pick is a good pick just because it's at a position of need.

I'm not going to pretend to know if Little's going to be good, but I'm ok with trading up to ensure we get a guy who could be a franchise LT.

His pass blocking stats look really good. Regardless of whether his run blocking needs work, that is incredibly promising after watching the litany of guys we have marched out there post Jordan Gross (some exception for Oher in 2015) who have tried to get Cam killed

3 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Marty did well with the trade, didn't give up too much. Btw, Saints traded their 2nd round pick in 2020 to get Erik McCoy

Saints have basically said eff the consequences of the salary cap and draft capital. I guess if they can get another SB it doesn't matter, but I'm hoping they cant and the post Brees years are going to suck bad

6 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Bleacher Report crushed us with this pick. Gave it a D+.

Well damn.... when a outlet as respected as much as Bleacher Report give a trade a bad grade you have to act fast. Tepper  should fire Hurney immediately. 

Honestly. After Jim Folsom and his Cam draft pick take, anyone who links or cites Bleacher Report should be publically shamed. 

20 minutes ago, trueblue said:

Well damn.... when a outlet as respected as much as Bleacher Report give a trade a bad grade you have to act fast. Tepper  should fire Hurney immediately. 

Honestly. After Jim Folsom and his Cam draft pick take, anyone who links or cites Bleacher Report should be publically shamed. 

That guy hasn't posted an article there since 2012. So.................

Bleacher Report is rather respected now. They have the most popular sports application out there. I respect their Draft takes as much as Mel Kiper & Todd McShay's. 

5 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

That guy hasn't posted an article there since 2012. So.................

Bleacher Report is rather respected now. They have the most popular sports application out there. I respect their Draft takes as much as Mel Kiper & Todd McShay's. 

Dude. They guy who wrote those grades and gave the pick a D+. Go go look at his last mock draft from the same writer. I’ll give you one guess who he had as the 1st round selection for the Carolina Panthers: Greg Little

Forgive me if I don’t share your opinions on the credibility at BR  

2 minutes ago, trueblue said:

Dude. They guy who wrote those grades and gave the pick a D+. Go go look at his last mock draft from the same writer. I’ll give you one guess who he had as the 1st round selection for the Carolina Panthers: Greg Little

Forgive me if I don’t share your opinions on the credibility at BR  

Isn't it Matt Miller? He gave the Panthers an A+ for Burns. So, he doesn't have any bias. 

4 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Isn't it Matt Miller? He gave the Panthers an A+ for Burns. So, he doesn't have any bias. 

Mike Tanier gave the grades. He also had his last pre combine mock showing Little at 16 to Carolina.  Is Final mock had him at 23  how he then goes to a D- at 37 is comical 

Just now, trueblue said:

Mike Tanier gave the grades. He also had his last pre combine mock showing Little at 16 to Carolina.  Is Final mock had him at 23  how he then goes to a D- at 37 is comical 

Yeah, the two guys on their Draft show are better than that guy. I thought it was Matt Miller giving the grades. I like Miller a lot. I don't know who the fug Mike Tanier is. 

Archived