• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers trade up to select Greg Little in round 2 of the NFL Draft.

Jeremy Igo

“We didn't think he had any chance to get to us (at No. 47),” Hurney said. “We had a chance to get a guy at a premier position that can come in and compete for playing time immediately and we think he has all the skills to be our starting left tackle for a long time.

“There's times to be patient, then there's times you just get the feeling you better make a move.”

- Marty Hurney 

https://www.panthers.com/news/why-marty-hurney-finally-ran-out-of-patience

Just now, Proudiddy said:

One of the teams that traded right before or after us only exchanged 2nds and threw in a 4th, and IIRC, it was around the same number of spots they moved up.  What a waste...

Expecting Hurney not to be himself is a quest in sadism. He's always fuged up the second round and now the 3rd.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

He did better than fine. He was a PFF high grade there.

Which is why their insistence on making this move still boggles my mind.  I'd understand if we hadn't been able to retain DWill as we expected, but we did retain him...  and still have Moton on his rookie contract.  That's two starting tackles.  Throw in that we signed Paradis and this was the best I've felt about our OL going into a draft since Cam has been here, by far.  So, I just don't understand giving up a 3rd round pick that could've possibly been another starter/big contributor for Little whose fit is questionable. 

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

One of the teams that traded right before or after us only exchanged 2nds and threw in a 4th, and IIRC, it was around the same number of spots they moved up.  What a waste...

Yea we were probably in a bidding war with one of the other teams that traded up honestly.

11 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I think teams know they can fleece Hurney. I think he negotiates backwards.

I think it’s very funny to read grown men throw tantrums about someone that their favorite team drafted, like they’ve been sitting around spending countless hours watching film, meeting with the player, etc.

Just be a little more optimistic and happy with the fact we addressed two glaring holes- pass rush and OT.

Archived