• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers trade up to select Greg Little in round 2 of the NFL Draft.

Jeremy Igo

18 minutes ago, Toomers said:

About ONE trait. Compared to a small group. If you disagree, state your case. But no need to create a straw man that means nothing and is just taking one word to detract from the point of the statement. 

And those guys draft Greg Robinson’s every year. So because we made the move it’s automatically above reproach. Not allowed to say we gave up too much? Not allowed to think Ford was a better option if it had to be done. Wondering what are we doing with the many needs we still have with no pick for another 50. 

What I know is every team passed on this guy and many had huge needs. HOU took a LT from Alabama State. What did they know? And Howard was about the only LT I liked, but that was a panic reach. Would have been with Little too. I’ve been blasted for saying this from day one. But people are so set on finding that magical LT no matter the cost. 

if you check the NFL pundits they are surprised that Tytus was taken ahead of little and ford. Honestly, we can go into a back and forth all you want  but little was taken and we have zero to go off until he actually plays NFL football. 

I actually feel pretty good overall if Cam doesn't get injured or have shoulder issues again. We were lighting it up pretty good and our weapons will have matured another year.

The 3-4 switch should help manufacture pressure as our DL may be the weakest ever and that is with/granting Burns being a stud. We need our LBs to do it something nasty. The potential is there.

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Someone said they support them because it's what they do everyday. It'd be nice if we supported them and their picks/moves because they were competent and consistent instead of just it's what they do everyday. Doing something everyday doesn't seem all that valid as lots of people suck at stuff they do everyday.

I think this type of mentality is how all sorts of crazy cults are created. I've always wanted to start a cult maybe i'll try.

You nailed it.

"My team/fraternity/union/political party/etc./etc./etc. right or wrong!" is a really, really bad and harmful attitude.

I do not understand much of the hate for this pick. The kid has first round talent and is a possible option at either tackle position or guard position. I still believe that the Panthers are in search of a LT and suspect that they view Little as a viable option.The knock on him was that he somewhat underachieved in college. He has nice nice and quick feet. The Panthers brain trust met with him numerous times. They must have concluded that he was coachable. I hate that they had to trade up, but I suspect he would not have made it to 47. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/greg-little?id=32194c49-5442-3164-c0c4-a09d5b847151

Little and Oklahoma junior LT Bobby Evans (along with QB Kyler Murray) were on the same high school team in Allen, Texas, and both now have NFL futures. Little was a top five recruit regardless of position in 2016 and a second-team All-American after his senior season at Allen, which won a mythical national title in 2014. He was a Freshman All-American and SEC All-Freshman squad honoree in his first year on campus, playing in all 12 games and starting the final five games at left tackle. League coaches voted him second-team All-SEC after 12 starts at left tackle in 2017. He was a first-team all-conference selection his junior year after starting all 12 games at left tackle once again, fulfilling his promise as a top-level NFL prospect.

3 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Just think, there were talks of us taking a QB early. Now that would be a dumbass move for perspective.

He still could.....it's still 'early' and dood could trade up again for all we know.

I have to say, my gut reaction was disgust and hate for the move. Having cooled down and seeing how the draft has turned out, I can live with it. There was a huge run of linemen between this pick and 47 and if Little was the guy Hurney thought had the best chance at taking over LT, makes sense to move up for him cause I don't know that he would've been there at 47 anymore. 

I'm annoyed we lost 77 because there could be an instant starter there but I'm sure Hurney was working the phones to get the best deal and this is the best anyone agreed to

2 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

I have to say, my gut reaction was disgust and hate for the move. Having cooled down and seeing how the draft has turned out, I can live with it. There was a huge run of linemen between this pick and 47 and if Little was the guy Hurney thought had the best chance at taking over LT, makes sense to move up for him cause I don't know that he would've been there at 47 anymore. 

I'm annoyed we lost 77 because there could be an instant starter there but I'm sure Hurney was working the phones to get the best deal and this is the best anyone agreed to

Yeah.  I am warming up to Little now that the pick has time to settle.  Just hate that we had to draft for need because of trash Khalil. I just hope Matsko can work his magic.  We need a day one starter at LT.  

4 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Yeah.  I am warming up to Little now that the pick has time to settle.  Just hate that we had to draft for need because of trash Khalil. I just hope Matsko can work his magic.  We need a day one starter at LT.  

See, I disagree that we had to do that.

Could have put Taylor Moton on the left, Darryl Williams on the right and maybe used a later pick on a right tackle (Yodney Cajuste perhaps) to serve as insurance for Williams.

Unfortunately, since it appears Ron Rivera wouldn't start Taylor moton on the left even with a gun to his head, that's apparently not an option.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

See, I disagree that we had to do that.

Could have put Taylor Moton on the left, Darryl Williams on the right and maybe used a later pick on a right tackle (Yodney Cajuste perhaps) to serve as insurance for Williams.

Unfortunately, since it appears Ron Rivera wouldn't start Taylor moton on the left even with a gun to his head, that's apparently not an option.

Maybe because Moton isn’t a natural left tackle? And you can’t rely on just two tackles going into a season, especially one coming off a season ending injury 

Archived