• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers trade up to select Greg Little in round 2 of the NFL Draft.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

There are a ton of scouts who love Little and had him as one of the top rated tackles in the draft and he actually played LT in college. We deal with Oline injuries every year it seems like so getting a guy who knows how to play LT seems like a pretty smart move to me. 

The team came into the draft wanting a LT and an edge rusher and they accomplished that.

Totally agree with this.  Also IMO we did not reach. Not a fan of the trade but we still have a 3rd so I’m not gonna cry about it.  

Just now, Black&BlueBubba said:

Holy crap.  At least we didn’t do that. 

Mom just not thrilled with value.  But that’s what drafting for need does to you. Thanks Khalil you piece of trash.  

Lets hope since Matsko can work some magic. 

Mom watches the draft? :thinking:

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

It could of been worse.  Much worse 

roflmao ahahahahhahahaah Hurney is such a fugin moron

He really woulda traded up in the first for Clausen and hasn't learned from the Brown/Armani Edwards trade(ended up being the #33 overall.....)

Everyone using the draft value chart to say we got screwed. Consider the following. 

1. The team trading up pays a premium more often than not

2. 47 and 100 doesn’t get it done- it’s a net wash. I suppose you could have gone 47, 100, and 115.. but volume might not be worth it either. 

Just now, Fox007 said:

roflmao ahahahahhahahaah Hurney is such a fugin moron

How is he a moron?  The trade didn't happen, so clearly he wasn't offering anything over-the-top.

I really hope ya'll don't choose to find the most negative ish (w/ stuff that doesn't even actually happen to boot) to get angry about in real life too.

This guy gives me the same feeling Gauldin's pick did last year. Bad prospect that our team overvalued. As far as the day 1 value, remember Hurney gave the same thing to Clausen and that also reminds me of this pick. If he ever does become starter worthy, I am expecting it to take a year or two. Huge bust probability on this guy. 

21 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

I'm just happy that they're investing in the OL. Hopefully, Greg turns out to be a great pick.

Yes---this is the correct attitude. He is now a Panther, he has the tools, and let's give him the support. 

1 minute ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I will take him over Dillard though. Just don’t like the value we had to give up. 

I'd have taken Ford or Risner over either of them.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Your Mom doesn't?

And you call yourself a football fan?

Mom hasn't watched much TV since she died.

Archived