• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers trade up to select Greg Little in round 2 of the NFL Draft.

Jeremy Igo

Just now, pantherclaw said:

Gawd, y'all are terrible when ya don't agree with something. 

I like the Little "pick"

Just wish we didnt give up 77.

There is going to be a solid Saftey falling to around there.  

Now we have to hope Gaulding or Collin Jones improves

8 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Almost every scout agreed that Little would be a top 5 pick if he showed a little more agreesivness and tenacity consistently.  That can be coached.  Natural talent and skill set cannot.  He has all the tools and physical traits...I have no doubt that Matsko can get the best out of him, just like he did Oher. 

As much as Hurney will say Little gets a chance at LT, Rivera probably won't allow it at least this year. They most likely want to see Moton at LT first and Daryl Williams who's wanting a big-time contract will likely win the RT spot based on experience. If Little is good enough we'll place him inside LG alongside Moton LT. You need to be nasty at that LG position. If he can become more aggressive and be more consistent while at LG, we may give him a shot at one of our Tacke positions later on.

3 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

So we draft a guy in the 2nd who was graded as a chance to be a starter and will more than likely struggle again with whoever plays FS. Guess I’m clueless

There are a ton of scouts who love Little and had him as one of the top rated tackles in the draft and he actually played LT in college. We deal with Oline injuries every year it seems like so getting a guy who knows how to play LT seems like a pretty smart move to me. Would you rather Chris Clark out there starting another 15 games while Cam gets killed again?

There a still quite a few serviceable to above average FS on the market that will come very cheap once the draft ends. We also still have time to take one in the draft.

The team came into the draft wanting a LT and an edge rusher and they accomplished that.

Archived