• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers trade up to select Greg Little in round 2 of the NFL Draft.

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Cookie Lyon said:

I'm just happy that they're investing in the OL. Hopefully, Greg turns out to be a great pick.

They’ve actually invested very heavily on the Oline since 2015 if we are just looking at investment and disregarding turnout as your posts suggests.

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I can't believe the negativity of many on this board.  These are the same folks that bitch and moan that we don't give Cam any help. 

People that get paid to evaluate players have Little as 1st round prospect.  We need a LT in a bad way.  Little was the last decent LT in the draft.  I would have rather have given up the other 3rd round pick but Hurney did the right thing.  A helluva lot better than Gettleman drafting a player that would be out of the league in 3 yrs. 

Preach it!!

1 minute ago, rbsponsel52 said:

I made error it was Greg Little so big deal. Either way Little is not a good starting player anyway.

Do you expect people to take your opinion on a player seriously when you don't even know their last name?

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I can't believe the negativity of many on this board.  These are the same folks that bitch and moan that we don't give Cam any help. 

People that get paid to evaluate players have Little as 1st round prospect.  We need a LT in a bad way.  Little was the last decent LT in the draft.  I would have rather have given up the other 3rd round pick but Hurney did the right thing.  A helluva lot better than Gettleman drafting a player that would be out of the league in 3 yrs. 

And he has the ability to play LG. If he can't win LT from Moton in his rookie year, then it's ok. He'll play LG.

This isn't a terrible trade. We can say he would be there at 47, but we don't know that. Clearly a OT run is happening with Taylor and then Bills taking Ford and now Risnee going. Little was high on our board and being a LT, whilst the others being RT, he stuck out like a sore thumb. I trust the team more than these analysts since our staff had hands on with him and like what they see. He's a Panther now so let's all support him and hope he succeeds. 

6 minutes ago, Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth! said:

Welp. If we have hopes of him at least being an LG in his first year, he's going to need to be nastier and give 100% effort, otherwise, Van Roten will most likely be our starter.

Everyone has bad tape except for maybe the top 10 picks. What do some of you guys expect? An all pro Tackle to be drafted to us in the second round? He'll need coaching and Matsko will do just that. He has a big frame and we'll be fine. The huddle with their over reactions. If they cant play him at Tackle they'll make him into a Guard... hell Burns is going to need a lot of coaching too...

17 minutes ago, Mage said:

Hmm?  Moton is definitely starting.  Little is either going to be depth (Williams is on a 1 yr contract) or we are sliding one of Little/Williams/Moton to guard.

But Moton is guaranteed to start.  Not sure why you think he wouldn't lol

Dude better end up being more than depth since he got drafted in the 2nd. 

16 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

Addresses our 2 biggest needs with 2 picks.  Why we are watching from the couch fellas.  A lot of keyboard GMs here. Not a fan personally of moving up but I’m just a fan.  Thought we may could have got him at our 47th but we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe someone else wanted I’m to. 

Good job so far Hurndog 

We've used 3 picks on 2 players.

Archived