• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers trade up to pick 37!!!

Jeremy Igo

Did they jump in front of the bills for a reason or did they get played?

Is Little worth Ford+#77?

No answer to that right now but I understand it does not look like that right now.

I'm not pissed because they did their homework on this player and now he is a Panther.

#keeppounding !!!

You give up our better 3rd rounder to move up for a player that had a better than not chance to be there at 47??? Unbelievable. I thought Hurney was learning from his mistakes.

If you really wanted Little and didn't want to take a chance, our comp 3rd would have been a perfect swap in terms of value based on the Stuart chart. I could have maybe lived with that. Our chance of getting another starter in this draft took a huge hit. Maybe someone like Deionte Thompson at 100, but even if he falls there, I get a sense he wouldn't be a tremendous upgrade over Gaulden or Searcy.

11 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

Based on the trade value chart, pick 100 would have been an even swap in value. Hurney probably should have grabbed a later round pick in that deal. Oh well

Yeah I agree, at least ask for a 6th back. We could have packaged it and another late round pick with our comp 3rd to move back up towards the top of the 3rd and get another potential starter. Hard to hope for much anymore where our next pick is basically a 4th rounder.

Archived