• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LMFAO.... Oh, Falcons, this is amazing.

Jeremy Igo

12 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Image may contain: people standing

giphy.gif

:poison:

12 hours ago, rbsponsel52 said:

Panther never targeted anyone allegedly or otherwise. They have never targeted any player since they were added as an expansion team into league.

There is no allegedly targeting Cam because every chance a Saints player gets Cam is a target. Mauti was guilty as anything helmet to helmet on Cam when he was already down( I don't remember the game but it is a fact it did happen). Saints fans thought it was so funny to see their players making ruthless hits on Cam with intent to purposely injure him.

This is from Charlotte Observer not WiKi.

http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2012/03/cam-newton-was-target-of-bounty-program.html

A former Panthers player in the thread I linked stated they had a bounty on Favre in the 1996 NFC Championship. That would be targeting, would it not? I think a player in that locker room would know more about what happened than someone posting on a fan forum, unless you were on the 1996 Panthers team too? If so, lets see your team credentials.

And yes, that article in the link is dated 2012, so it's not referencing the Mauti hit because that hit was still 3 and a half years away from occurring. That article is referring to the 2011 Week 17 game I've already addressed multiple times and it still makes zero sense why a team would need to target the QB of a team that is 6-9 and has long been out of playoff contention while we already won the division 2-3 weeks earlier.

And you mean the game where Newton started hotdogging it to the endzone and got blasted by an opposing player trying to prevent a touchdown (which he did), that game? Newton was not down, he was in the field of play and scrambling trying to score. We were trying to protect a 16-13 lead when it occurred. Was Mauti supposed to just say, "Oh it's 1st & 4 from our 4 and he's already ran 3 yards, I guess I have to allow him the touchdown." Newton pulled up and was already thinking about his celebration instead of finishing the play. He thought he wasn't going to get hit and was going to be allowed to waltz into the endzone. He guessed wrong.

It was a legal hit and I'll explain to you why. A.) He was not "defenseless". He was a ball carrier, thus he did not have the QB protections he would be granted if he was in the pocket. B.) He was in the field of play and it was not abundantly clear he was going to run out of bounds (because he wasn't, he was trying to score). C.) Newton was the one who initiated the helmet to helmet contact by lowering his head when he realized he wasn't getting in the endzone untouched. Newton put his head down and Mauti simply got lower. If that play happened with the new crown of the helmet rule established last year, Newton would've gotten flagged for leading with his helmet.

I'm starting to think you have a tenuous grasp of the rules you're incessantly claiming we're breaking. Then again, you're the same guy that argued with me that "a Saints player poked Cam in the eye" during the playoff game year before last and even after being shown visual evidence that no Saints' players hands ever coming close to Newton's head, you crawfished on your argument alleging they purposely kicked up rubber pellets from the turf in his eye. LOOOOOL. I really respect your diehard homerism, but dude you need to pick your battles better or at least form better counterarguments.

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Pretty easy answer, They weren't in the pool. They were in a separate pool with payouts for good plays such as fumble recoveries etc. but couldn't be link to intended injuries. Get your facts straight.

https://www.nola.com/saints/2012/06/nfl_presents_evidence_suspende.html

They didn't have to be in the pool, the alleged line from the League was "Vilma reportedly put $10,000 cash on the table in the team’s meeting room and said the cash would go to anyone who could knock Brett Favre out of the NFC Championship Game in January of 2010," thus it wasn't restricted to "only those participating in the pool" and open to anyone in a Saints uniform... if such a pledge ever existed.

Also in that link you posted, it says Will Smith "pledged $500 for a sack or a forced fumble" to pool, assuming a fumble recovery would payout the same as a forced fumble (a forced fumble is useless if it isn't recovered by the defense, right?), if you were Ellis or Greer in that scenario I posted earlier, which payout would you be trying to collect more: the $500 payout for recovering that fumble or the $10,000 for a hit on Favre? Unless of course, one of those pools never existed in the first place...

However, by your second sentence you're acknowledging there was a "performance pool" then, correct? The line from the League that y'all have been toting for ~7 years is it was only a "pay-for-injury" pool. Every time "Bountygate" is brought up it's always (and only) referred to as a "pay-to-injure" system, never a "pay-for-performance" system.

And my facts are straight, although you may need to get another set of facts, my guy.

:tongue:

13 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Wish a mod would move this stupid thread  into Smack Talk.

taking up unnecessary main forum real estate 

Agreed, probably should've been put in there from the beginning but it's Igo's thread and we're all playing in his sandbox so, haha.

Side note, every time I see your username, it makes me think of "filet mignon" and I don't know why.

:)

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

Agreed, probably should've been put in there from the beginning but it's Igo's thread and we're all playing in his sandbox so, haha.

Side note, every time I see your username, it makes me think of "filet mignon" and I don't know why.

:)

yo you are lost in more ways than one think about upstairs you keep bugging repeating yourself literally like a scratched vinyl ok.i know these guys personally & I know for a fact that you ain't Pete Log nor Repaeat Log ok.but while all at the same time as i say that i wouldn't be surprised whatsoever  if one of them might be your cuz hell I mean your so much like them seriously I wouldn't be surprised if both of them said they were both your double first cousins...& NO To just saying but seriously.you are annoying seriously or trolling the fug out this board & I'm sure you got me upset.

listen to me you can't touch this if I wanted to I could spin your ziz wheel son when it comes to trolling if you make me passionate about something ..just saying

you want talk real football I'm even better...& No not just saying this time but you've blew that opportunity & that takes alot

myself I ha e ALWAYS & will FOREVER & EVER have a place in my HEART or let's even go as far to say yes 1-LOVE the Carolina Panthers and LITERALLY NO MATTER WHAT as the say THROUGH & THROUGH am a Panthers....ok ok

this my home I want to shut my door & hopefully you turnaround and leave & you really think about it need a break ok everyone..I'm trying to say no ONE but YOU wants to play knock knock whos there anymore.& it's sad or fugged up I got to be such a dick  to you right now because you are an intelligent person! you:Eyes_Emoji_42x42: your not using the right way ok.do yourself a favor and use it for betterment don't waste it,really

once again while  you ain't banned take a chill pill

...I sincerely mean please

2 hours ago, bandu said:

yo you are lost in more ways than one think about upstairs you keep bugging repeating yourself literally like a scratched vinyl ok.i know these guys personally & I know for a fact that you ain't Pete Log nor Repaeat Log ok.but while all at the same time as i say that i wouldn't be surprised whatsoever  if one of them might be your cuz hell I mean your so much like them seriously I wouldn't be surprised if both of them said they were both your double first cousins...& NO To just saying but seriously.you are annoying seriously or trolling the fug out this board & I'm sure you got me upset.

listen to me you can't touch this if I wanted to I could spin your ziz wheel son when it comes to trolling if you make me passionate about something ..just saying

you want talk real football I'm even better...& No not just saying this time but you've blew that opportunity & that takes alot

myself I ha e ALWAYS & will FOREVER & EVER have a place in my HEART or let's even go as far to say yes 1-LOVE the Carolina Panthers and LITERALLY NO MATTER WHAT as the say THROUGH & THROUGH am a Panthers....ok ok

this my home I want to shut my door & hopefully you turnaround and leave & you really think about it need a break ok everyone..I'm trying to say no ONE but YOU wants to play knock knock whos there anymore.& it's sad or fugged up I got to be such a dick  to you right now because you are an intelligent person! you:Eyes_Emoji_42x42: your not using the right way ok.do yourself a favor and use it for betterment don't waste it,really

I picked the wrong post to read after doing drugs. 

9 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

However, by your second sentence you're acknowledging there was a "performance pool" then, correct? The line from the League that y'all have been toting for ~7 years is it was only a "pay-for-injury" pool. Every time "Bountygate" is brought up it's always (and only) referred to as a "pay-to-injure" system, never a "pay-for-performance" system.

And my facts are straight, although you may need to get another set of facts, my guy.

:tongue:

Not true, my intent was to indicate that there was more than one pool. Both do not comply with rules however intent to injure is a different scale of wrong.

Harper, however, was not disciplined by Goodell. Nor was linebacker Scott Shanle, whose name figured prominently in the league's slide presentation, or cornerback Jabari Greer, defensive tackle Sedrick Ellis and former Saints like cornerback Tracy Porter, defensive lineman Charles Grant and others.None of those players, however, were linked to any sort of play that could be described as deliberately injurious. Rather, they were listed as contributors to a general pool or for being rewarded for, say, a fumble recovery or other fine play, or fined for a penalty, a mental error or a "loaf."

I know it's hard to accept but there probably was a Saints player or 2 that had some integrity and didn't want their names and reputations tarnished by involvement. You gotta be a special kind of stupid to use them as evidence that the pay to injure didn't exist when it clearly did.

On 6/7/2019 at 12:00 AM, bandu said:

A.) Indeed, I am not related to either of the posters you mentioned. I'm here on my own free will and only here since there isn't a better Panther board (or an officially sanctioned one). If so, I'd be there.

B.) I'm "repeating myself like a scratched vinyl" for one of two reasons: 1.) more than likely the person I'm replying to in any instance didn't read any of the previous posts I made in the subject (telling on yourself here, bud) and bringing up the very points I've previously debunked in earlier replies before they joined in, or 2.) I'm bringing them up again because I want their interpretation of what I'm seeing as to how it relates to the topic at hand.

C.) Despite the construed belief shared by a few posters here, I'm not troll, nor do I have any interest in trolling. Trolling is fun for a short while, then becomes mundane and tasteless because there's only so much that can be trolled upon until personal attacks and insults begin and freely slung about; what's the fun in insulting someone I have no idea what they look like, I've never met, nor likely will ever meet?

D.) Do you honestly think I'd be typing these big ass, well-thought out replies in fully typed out sentences (with impeccable grammar and sentence structure, might I add) if I my sole purpose here was to troll y'all? If that's the norm of trolls here, then I demand to know where y'all getting y'all trolls from because they sound defective. If I wanted to troll, I'd be posting solely in memes, GIF's, and short responses while single-quoting posters I was looking to engage in multiple consecutive posts to take up as much space as I could in each thread. I wouldn't be multi-quoting to reply to the specific posters I am debating. I simply post on numerous NFL boards of various different teams to gain insight to those teams. I expect the ribbing and won't cry over it.

E.) I'm not the one playing "knock knock", if you read the beginning of this debate, you'd know I wasn't even the one that brought up "Bountygate". I replied to another poster that did, yes, but the debate that ensued was continued by countless other posters that willingly joined and contributed which is certainly welcomed. You painting me as going into random threads and bringing up "Bountygate" is wildly inaccurate and frankly just flat out wrong. Again, someone quoted me bringing up "Bountygate" ("raleigh-panther" if I'm remembering right). If someone quotes and replies to me, I'm more than likely going to respond if I feel my argument is valid.

F.) No, you're not being a dick to me, you're just speaking your mind about what you feel a new poster is doing on your home board (despite me preceding you by ~5 months and change). But even if you would be acting like "a dick", it's all good. I have my big boy pants on and can handle it, my e-feelings won't get hurt. As I said before, an internet forum isn't "serious bidness" to me. I can laugh and joke around with y'all as I have in other threads here.

G.) I appreciate you saying I'm an intelligent person.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:49 AM, Sasquatch said:

Not true, my intent was to indicate that there was more than one pool. Both do not comply with rules however intent to injure is a different scale of wrong.

I know it's hard to accept but there probably was a Saints player or 2 that had some integrity and didn't want their names and reputations tarnished by involvement. You gotta be a special kind of stupid to use them as evidence that the pay to injure didn't exist when it clearly did.

A pool with intent to injure certainly is on a different scale of wrong, we're certainly in agreement.

What I'm saying is throughout the entire "Bountygate" saga, all the League and every media outlet known to man spewed 24/7 was along the lines of, "between 2009 and 2011, under Gregg Williams' leadership the Saints defense placed bets and deliberately sought to cause serious injury to Favre, Warner, ect. through the course of the game(s) to collect those bounties". Never addressing a "pay-for-performance" pool, only a "pay-to-injure" pool.

Sidenote: yes, a "pay-for-performance" pool is not acceptable by the League's standards either, but considering their prevalence across the League across the entire lifespan of the League, we both know that wasn't the cause of the sanctions. Hell, I'd guarantee there are still similar pools in the NFL to this day. It's just far more hush-hush and simply something that will never be eradicated entirely.

However, if there was truly a "pay-to-injure" scheme orchestrated 2009-2011 under Gregg Williams, he would not be coaching in the NFL right now. End of story. Plea deal or not, if he condoned and encouraged the injury of players, not only could the League simply not allow him to remain coaching at the professional level, but what college or high school athletic director in their right mind would hire him after the allegations "being proven"? That's the equivalent to a teacher molesting students and then after serving their prison sentence, the school district openly allowing them back to continue teaching like nothing ever happened.

But as for your last phrase, what evidence have you seen that unequivocally proves there was a "pay-to-injure" system in place? Empirical evidence, not just "oh the NFL said this, this, and this about the investigation". That's not evidence.

Hell, barely a month after "Bountygate" broke, the NFL also said Loomis was wiretapping opposing teams' signals in 2002-2004. They ran with that story as fact like we were unbeatable during that span, despite only having a 12-12 win-loss record at the Superdome and finishing dead last in yards allowed defensively in 2004 and 27th in that same category in 2002. Then all of a sudden they stopped talking about the story like it never happened. Still waiting on that apology. LOOOL.

Archived