• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LMFAO.... Oh, Falcons, this is amazing.

Jeremy Igo

28 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

The only denseness in this discussion are your last two posts.

You reply to me saying that "justifying" an alleged "pay-to-injure" scheme won't go over well here to which I responded with an archived thread from this very board where a former Panthers player admitted y'all had a bounty on Favre in a playoff game to which posters then begin splitting hairs over "oH tHEir'S wAs WoRsE bEcAuSe ThE cOaChEs WeRe iNvOLvEd, oUrs WaS pLaYeRs OnLy" while still to this day simultaneously maintain the disillusion that there was a "pay-to-injure" scheme in New Orleans despite there not only being any evidence proving its existence, but the injury data, the penalty data of our defense, and the own words of the players that were allegedly targeted by said system, all directly disprove it.

So which is it? Are "pay-to-injure" schemes bad? Or they're only bad when they're done by teams not wearing Carolina blue?

:thinking:

Your coaches targeted Cam. If you are too stupid to understand why defending that won't go well here, then I don't know what to tell you. The other BS is just classic whataboutism, which I ignore, because it's the resort of the mentally lazy and ethically dubious.

But you keep doing you. You're certainly justifying the idea around here that Saints fans are swamp scum.

7 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Your coaches targeted Cam. If you are too stupid to understand why defending that won't go well here, then I don't know what to tell you. The other BS is just classic whataboutism, which I ignore, because it's the resort of the mentally lazy and ethically dubious.

But you keep doing you. You're certainly justifying the idea around here that Saints fans are swamp scum.

And y'all allegedly targeted Favre in the 1996 NFC Championship, how is that any different?

Maybe you can answer me a question I've been trying to find out though, why would we need to target a rookie QB with a 6-9 starting record (and threw 21 TD's to 17 INT's that year) in Week 17 when we already had the division won 2-3 weeks earlier? I've been asking but no one has been able to answer it.

But cute, more name-calling without a valid argument. The other guy, rbsponsel or whatever, slings some names around too but at least he's been trying to formulate an argument to conversate.

If you don't have a leg to stand on, it's more than okay to sit this one out. I won't think any less of you. But insulting poster because of their differing point of view, that's just weak and barbaric. I was led to believe the Huddle was better people than those on TATF with their red and black rags.

24 minutes ago, TheRed said:

The "4life" moniker is always cute when you consider there's really no way on earth this guy wouldn't have jumped ship within the twenty year span the Saints never so much as sniffed a playoff berth

To be completely fair to long suffering Saints fans, I didn’t endure nearly the amount of suckage they had to. I’m 28. Most of my young life all I remember about football is my dad watching the Saints, and my best friends dad screaming at the TV so loud we could hear him all the way down the street while we were outside. 

I started watching around the Ricky Williams era. First favorite player was Deuce. My first recollection of watching was the 2001 game when Ricky scored the winning TD against the Panthers with 1 second left. So I had a somewhat tough stretch between 2001-2005, but other than that, it’s been decent. 

Hello to you too, old friend. 

19 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

To be completely fair to long suffering Saints fans, I didn’t endure nearly the amount of suckage they had to. I’m 28. Most of my young life all I remember about football is my dad watching the Saints, and my best friends dad screaming at the TV so loud we could hear him all the way down the street while we were outside. 

I started watching around the Ricky Williams era. First favorite player was Deuce. My first recollection of watching was the 2001 game when Ricky scored the winning TD against the Panthers with 1 second left. So I had a somewhat tough stretch between 2001-2005, but other than that, it’s been decent. 

Hello to you too, old friend. 

I couldn't resist, see ya in November.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:29 PM, Iron Saint said:

If you actually followed the development of the storyline, you'd know that plays that were flagged and/or fined weren't eligible for payouts from the pay-for-performance system.

Great, so they only earned the bonus if they took somebody out without the refs seeing it. That makes it OK.

23 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

Dude, you really need to read a few books and work on your comprehension skills, because right now they suck.

My comprehension is just fine. You had no problem with your Panthers allegedly targeting Favre in 1996, but are up in arms over us allegedly targeting Newton. You can't have it both ways, don't be a fence rider.

You still didn't answer my question in my previous post though. I'd really like to hear the logic behind the opposite viewpoint.

22 hours ago, jfra78 said:

fug the Saints

fug the Falcons

and no one gives a fug about the Bucs

2 outta 3, I'll pie that.

:shades:

17 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Great, so they only earned the bonus if they took somebody out without the refs seeing it. That makes it OK.

Nowhere in any of my previous posts did I even insinuate such a thing.

They could earn a bonus for catching an interception or forcing/recovering a fumble (hence why there was an absolute mad scramble for the ball after Harvin fumbled in that video I posted earlier), an injury wasn't a requirement. As I said 2-3 posts ago, if there was a "pay-to-injure" scheme, everyone on the field in a Saints jersey would've absolutely creamed Favre (who was out the pocket and near the LOS) once Harvin fumbled that ball... but they didn't. They all ran after the ball and largely ignored Favre.

Maybe you can answer that other question I asked, why didn't either Ellis or Greer (both in the absolute perfect position) blindside an unknowing Favre, especially since it would've been 100% legal to do so in this situation?

852470043_FavreNFCChampionship.png.04c3f11e3819e277df0ccb9c941ce662.png

Especially Ellis, a 305 lb DT. Wouldn't it have been mighty easy to obliterate Favre from behind and knock him out the game to collect that alleged $10,000 bounty?

...but he didn't.

:thinking:

12 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

My comprehension is just fine. "You had no problem with your Panthers allegedly targeting Favre in 1996", "but are up in arms over us allegedly targeting Newton. You can't have it both ways, don't be a fence rider"

Panther never targeted anyone allegedly or otherwise. They have never targeted any player since they were added as an expansion team into league.

There is no allegedly targeting Cam because every chance a Saints player gets Cam is a target. Mauti was guilty as anything helmet to helmet on Cam when he was already down( I don't remember the game but it is a fact it did happen). Saints fans thought it was so funny to see their players making ruthless hits on Cam with intent to purposely injure him.

This is from Charlotte Observer not WiKi.

http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2012/03/cam-newton-was-target-of-bounty-program.html

21 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Maybe you can answer that other question I asked, why didn't either Ellis or Greer (both in the absolute perfect position) blindside an unknowing Favre, especially since it would've been 100% legal to do so in this situation?

Especially Ellis, a 305 lb DT. Wouldn't it have been mighty easy to obliterate Favre from behind and knock him out the game to collect that alleged $10,000 bounty?

...but he didn't.

Pretty easy answer, They weren't in the pool. They were in a separate pool with payouts for good plays such as fumble recoveries etc. but couldn't be link to intended injuries. Get your facts straight.

https://www.nola.com/saints/2012/06/nfl_presents_evidence_suspende.html

Archived