• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I suspect the Panthers are desperately trying to trade up right now

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Prime said:

Really though? Greg little is such an ugly pick. Would it not be better to take jawaan Taylor or Cody Ford? And Why? I know the natural left tackle and all. But think about it. If he was any good at left tackle some team would have taken him. Sounds like a trap to me. Theres much better players on the board and we have 2 tackles on our team. Just don't know which side they're gonna play on lol...

Taylor and Ford aren't natural LT, heck most teams have both at guard and not even tackle. So neither really fit what Carolina is looking for. 

You have to believe that trading up for a Tackle pretty much seals the deal on being able to also get Will Grier. IF the Will Grier love is true I have a hard time seeing the Panthers hanging onto the additional draft capital that could be used to pick Grier.

When you fall in love with a single player, that's usually when you get yourself in trouble. There are at least 7 or 8 players we should be absolutely thrilled to nab at 47. See how things fall and if we're down to 2 of them after pick 42, see if a team will bite for our 5th to move up a few spots. Otherwise, why give up a 3rd in what's shaping up as an incredibly deep draft on paper. Honestly, will it shock anyone if Little is still there at 47? Some people were mocking him in that range before the draft started and we're seeing guys like Taylor and Ford fall out of the first round altogether.

6 minutes ago, YETI said:

I hope not. If he is, it’s better be for Cody Ford. 

Tampa took Devin White to be the answer for Kamara and CMC. We better find a big guard to smash White and that’s Ford.

Are you a Bucs fan in Panthers clothing??

Supposed to be an early run on WR and CB according to ESPN last night which would potentially help. 

Could be playing a dangerous game waiting, but with Ford, Taylor, Little, and Risner all there I feel like one falls to us. May want to play it safe and trade up, but whether it be OT or FS, a guy we like will still be there. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

#47 + #100 (3rd round comp pick) lands us somewhere in the range of #37. That's as much as I'd consider giving up.

#47 + #116 (our 4th) puts us somewhere around #41.

#47 + #144 (our 5th) let's us bump up around #44.

If it’s for Little I think we might be able to wait and get him at 47. He’s not even on the Top 20 remaining on Matt Millers list. Although the true LT thing will come into play   

A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
2. Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
3. Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
4. Taylor Rapp, S, Washington
5. Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
6. Cody Ford, OG, Oklahoma
7. Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
8. David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State
9. Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple
10. D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
11. Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
12. Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
13. Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
14. Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech
15. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida
16. Elgton Jenkins, OC, Mississippi State
17. Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama
18. Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
19. Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State
20. Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State

49 minutes ago, Chosen Newton said:

Hey all you “draft an olineman in the first”  nuthuggers, what time is our Brian Burns introductory press conference ^__^ 

Hey, some of us were just hoping yet again that this organization might finally get serious about protecting their franchise quarterback.

A forlorn and silly hope considering the Tepper love for the Rivera "I would have taken a shot too" Regime, I admit.

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

There are so many guys I’d be happy with that I’m fine sitting pat. That said this draft is deep at at positions we need so I’d be fine using next year’s 3rd, which could get us to the top of the 2nd. I don’t want to lose 78 and 100 because guys like Omenihu, Saunders, etc. could be there.

This.  

Let the draft come to you.  If we don’t get a 10 year starter at LT I will be able to cope.  I think there is enough depth and talent to pick up 2-3 starters tonight.  

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. I'm normally not big on small school OL, but I'd love to go FS at #47 and take this kid in the 3rd.

I agree on the small school OL thing, and if Risner is there, I'd rather have him. He can play anywhere on the line.

Archived