• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I suspect the Panthers are desperately trying to trade up right now

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, maddog1945 said:

Ok, we have a great selection in Burns for the defense.

Talk of trading up for OL.

I was concerned about McCaffrey playing as much as he did last year.

Not hearing much talk about getting a RB to help lighten his load.

The boy can't keep this up every year.

Maybe I missed something.

Just my two cents worth!!!!

Another RB would be good, but I think the perception in this years draft is one can be had on Day 3.

12 minutes ago, maddog1945 said:

Ok, we have a great selection in Burns for the defense.

Talk of trading up for OL.

I was concerned about McCaffrey playing as much as he did last year.

Not hearing much talk about getting a RB to help lighten his load.

The boy can't keep this up every year.

Maybe I missed something.

Just my two cents worth!!!!

I'd see if Cleveland would take a 6th for Duke Johnson.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

#47 + #100 (3rd round comp pick) lands us somewhere in the range of #37. That's as much as I'd consider giving up.

#47 + #116 (our 4th) puts us somewhere around #41.

#47 + #144 (our 5th) let's us bump up around #44.

Sure is expensive to move up. Not sure I'd do it. Seems to hardly ever work in our favor.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

#47 + #100 (3rd round comp pick) lands us somewhere in the range of #37. That's as much as I'd consider giving up.

#47 + #116 (our 4th) puts us somewhere around #41.

#47 + #144 (our 5th) let's us bump up around #44.

I would be ok with the 2nd option. Not really wanting to lose any picks

7 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

You want to end Cam's career, then pick Little. He is the second coming of Byron Bell. This would be a disaster. When did he show dominance? Not on the field and he had a disastrous combine. 

You need to call the Panthers immediately because their professional scouts have a first round grade on him. I bet they never even watch youtube.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You need to call the Panthers immediately because their professional scouts have a first round grade on him. I bet they never even watch youtube.

Well it seems 32 teams watched him and none selected him in the first round. They must know something 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cody Ford is also in play. Unclear which they prefer depending on who you talk to.

There are several still on the board.  I would hold off.  I bet we can get a good Tackle.  But this again comes down to my premise of whether they see Moton as a competent LT. If they do hold tight.  If not go get Little.  I’m fine with that in the second.  

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Marty has such an incredible track record with Day 2 picks and trading up. I can't believe anyone would even question him.

Would prefer Taylor or Ford over Little.

Little is the very epitome of "underachiever" in his college career.  Why should anyone expect him to change from that role when the difficulty level ratchets up to its highest?

Watching the Failcan't do everything possible to build an OL to run the ball (something I heard Rivera likes to do) and PROTECT THEIR QUARTERBACK INVESTMENT just makes me sad as hell (yet again) for Cam being trapped under Ron "I would have take a shot too" Rivera's incompetent thumb all these years.

Archived