• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I suspect the Panthers are desperately trying to trade up right now

Jeremy Igo

Tackles are hard to find.  Most years, there's no good ones left after the first round.  This year not only are there 2 or 3 starting caliber RTs, Little is a LT.  Don't miss this opportunity.  Trade up, even to 33, and get one while we can.

Next year's tackles suck.  The time is now.  Don't miss this opportunity.

1 hour ago, luke262 said:

I'd have taken two solid linemen from this draft and wouldn't mind a trade up for a tackle, hopefully keep one of our thirds and grab a safety with that. Then whatever we have left grab the best defensive players available and maybe a late round rb. 

Pretty much agree here...just hoping for starter talent in a S pick... 

52 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Tackles are hard to find.  Most years, there's no good ones left after the first round.  This year not only are there 2 or 3 starting caliber RTs, Little is a LT.  Don't miss this opportunity.  Trade up, even to 33, and get one while we can.

Next year's tackles suck.  The time is now.  Don't miss this opportunity.

Yep. A lot easier to find a DE than a starting caliber LT

but Rivera ....you know Ron is going to Ron.

He is the DC now too so I’m sure that’s part of it and if Newton gets his ass beat to death again this year, oh well

im sorry   I’ve just watch the Rivera era pour draft pick after draft pick into that defense while the QB is relied on to just get hit and keep going 

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

2 guys with round 1 grades at out biggest glaring holes is a homerun 

Still wish we could hold off and hope he continues to fall to 47 (remember most were saying he was behind Taylor and Ford on peoples big boards)

Then if we did that try to tradd back in the 2nd for a Safety. Adderley, Chauncey Gardner Johnson, and Thornhill.  There are some Stud safeties still falling as well.

I think we can take Taylor, Ford, or Risner and then trade back for adderley or thornhill.  That would be best case scenario. We’d walk away with 3 starters and the draft would be a success even if we missed on every other pick. 

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yep. A lot easier to find a DE than a starting caliber LT

but Rivera ....you know Ron is going to Ron.

He is the DC now too so I’m sure that’s part of it and if Newton gets his ass beat to death again this year, oh well

im sorry   I’ve just watch the Rivera era pour draft pick after draft pick into that defense while the QB is relied on to just get hit and keep going 

Ad infinitum 

Archived