• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I suspect the Panthers are desperately trying to trade up right now

Jeremy Igo

The Carolina Panthers are likely trying like heck to trade up right now. If Burns was no longer on the board last night or if Hurney was able to trade back and acquire a few picks, I suspect Greg Little was a first round possibility. The fact that he is still available in round 2 and the Panthers desperately need a natural left tackle, well, it doesn't take much to realize that Hurney has likely been on the phone all day wheeling and dealing.

I'd have taken two solid linemen from this draft and wouldn't mind a trade up for a tackle, hopefully keep one of our thirds and grab a safety with that. Then whatever we have left grab the best defensive players available and maybe a late round rb. 

2 guys with round 1 grades at out biggest glaring holes is a homerun 

Still wish we could hold off and hope he continues to fall to 47 (remember most were saying he was behind Taylor and Ford on peoples big boards)

Then if we did that try to tradd back in the 2nd for a Safety. Adderley, Chauncey Gardner Johnson, and Thornhill.  There are some Stud safeties still falling as well.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cody Ford is also in play. Unclear which they prefer depending on who you talk to.

Id assume if those 2 are off the board. That Risner is as well.  We met with him

Kid can play OT, OG, and Center (which is big incase there is any set back with Paradis's injury)

Archived