• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns is way too small to be effectiveeeee.....!!!!!!!

Jeremy Igo

7 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Rivera was asked if he would be a starter and said no basically during the presser. Said he would come in and mix up what they are doing. Have a long career. 

lolololololool *breathe* lolololoolololol

we took a 3rd down speed rusher at 16 with no plans to make him start?

oh this is getting better and better.

Vonn is almost 2 inches shorter and only 3 lbs lighter. He also put on some more heft in the pros. 

Burns' weight is a legit concern. His athleticism is not.

Hopefully his weight isn't an issue much like Jackson last year, however skinny men in the trenches tend to get pushed around more often than not. 

He won't be able to run around everyone in the pros. Everyone is fast in the NFL. If he can add some weight to his frame while still maintaining his explosiveness, then he'll be a monster.

Athleticism wise, the Miller comparison is legitimate. Body type wise, it is not. 

16 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

lolololololool *breathe* lolololoolololol

we took a 3rd down speed rusher at 16 with no plans to make him start?

oh this is getting better and better.

This is what I'm afraid of. That's why I liked the comparison to Danielle Hunter better than Von Miller. The comparison to Miller would make him a situational player. The comparison to Hunter would make him starting in both schemes.

25 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Cant rule out the possibility of that rookie doghouse with Rivera. For all we know he may get only 15 snaps a game. I dont trust Rivera.

I told you there weren't many plug and play DEs/OLBs in this draft. Same with OTs. I don't want a rookie starting so I am okay with this.  Starting rookies is always a crap shoot.  We have a better chance to get a FS/corner starter in the second.

6 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Vonn is almost 2 inches shorter and only 3 lbs lighter. He also put on some more heft in the pros. 

Burns' weight is a legit concern. His athleticism is not.

Hopefully his weight isn't an issue much like Jackson last year, however skinny men in the trenches tend to get pushed around more often than not. 

He won't be able to run around everyone in the pros. Everyone is fast in the NFL. If he can add some weight to his frame while still maintaining his explosiveness, then he'll be a monster.

Athleticism wise, the Miller comparison is legitimate. Body type wise, it is not. 

Yeah, it's the slight frame in the lower body that concerns me more than the upper body.  His legs look incredibly thin...  I'm hoping he can put on a little more bulk there.  Either way, I have a feeling he is gonna be a great player for us.

look, I’m a long time season ticket holder   I don’t want him to fail  just calling it as I see it 

He looks very very thin.in his lower body  and we have seen the Panthers do this before with Haynes and others 

He better have great balance and be very fast as the strength of many OTs in this league will tear his ass up   This isn’t the ACC 

i hope he is all Rivera and Hurney think he is for the team and the fans    

13 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, it's the slight frame in the lower body that concerns me more than the upper body.  His legs look incredibly thin...  I'm hoping he can put on a little more bulk there.  Either way, I have a feeling he is gonna be a great player for us.

Dude is crazy flexible with great bend. He has the talent, he just needs to grow into his body. If he can't, he'll run into some issues. 

1 minute ago, Prime said:

What!!! If burns can get significantly stronger this off-season we could be looking at a guy who's challenging Bosa and Quennin for defensive rookie of the year... Theres no way you guys are upset right? I see this kid completely dominating.

Yeah, and if MJ can just connect on that curve ball, he's the next Babe Ruth.

I really like Burns.  Playing him on the edge as a stand up guy from multiple parts of the front is going to be his strength.  He's got great quickness and burst, and he will win many battles by being just faster than the other guy.  Once he gets some more strength and how to use his hands, he's going to be a terror.

Could he fail?  Sure, but there's no use in wanting him to fail to try to get a new GM and coach.  I think that Burns does some things now that will be great in sub packages that will allow him to get on the field.  Then he can take over next year.  Just remember that his primary job is going to be rushing the passer, which he is very good at doing.

Was he better than Sweat?  I don't know.  Sweat is an undeniable NFL talent, but I heard someone say in the draft run up this week that he's very prickly and doesn't like to be yelled at.  I think that had something to do there as well.

Just now, Prime said:

I got you but this is a guy who's in the 97th percentile for all his combined measurements... There are lots of average to slightly above average pass rushers. But burns is a little more special. Just slightly...

I've heard it all already.  I didn't wake up look at the TV and be like "wuuut".

Hes a good prospect, high ceiling guy.  But since when do we take projects in the 1st?

I think a big difference is Von Miller played pretty close to his combine weight. Played his last season at A&M at 240. Burns was around 220. He put on nearly 30 pounds for the combine. 

Miller also demonstrated his fantastic strength on tape at A&M. He’s always played with it and it’s what sets up his speed and sets him apart. Guys like Mack and Miller transition from speed to power so well.

None of that means Burns won’t succeed. Just means he needs to play at 250. Not show up to test at 250. And he won’t only win with speed in the NFL. Ask Vic Beasley. 

Archived