• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns is way too small to be effectiveeeee.....!!!!!!!

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That you couldn't yell at him when you were coaching him.

Baker was our DL coach under Fox for a while.

At Mississippi State, Sweat grew to trust Brian Baker, his defensive line coach who has since gone to Alabama. Baker points out that Sweat could have entered the draft after the 2017 season but instead decided to come back and sacrifice money in part so he could continue to mature and show others he has matured. "It was intentional and conscious," Baker says. "He said, 'I need to change this part of my life,' and I saw evidence of that happening."

That was said this week in the Bleacher Report. Are you talking about Brian Baker, Mississippi State D line coach who lied to our head coach about talking to Alabama, signed a contract with a nice raise and bonus, met with Bama behind our back and recruited top 100 player Nathan Pickering on MSU campus for Alabama while being on our staff? That guy? Who signed a contract with Bama before telling us and was still on our payroll? That paragon of virtue? Save it for for someone who doesnt know that POS.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

After what we heard about Sweat from Brian Baker (old Panthers assistant now working in college) I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

No offense Scott. I just disagree. I don't mind rolling the dice. Obviously the 3-4 maybe real and I'll give it a look. Might be to locked into my old 4-3 ends. Dude gets locked up when he gets touched. Tough to win in the NFL by running around people. I see this is a bit short sighted. Feel free to enlighten me. 

34 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I hope we didn't use a first on a guy that will only be on the field in certain situations. I hope he's on the field full time.

Rivera was asked if he would be a starter and said no basically during the presser. Said he would come in and mix up what they are doing. Have a long career. 

CLEMSON — Jeff Scott had been watching tape on Florida State for a day-and-a-half. There was still plenty of video to get to and still loads of coverage to study, but Clemson’s co-offensive coordinator had seen enough of one particular player to know what the Tigers will be up against Saturday.

“No. 99, Brian Burns, I think is second in the country with nine sacks. The leader has 9½,” Scott began. ”(He is) probably the most explosive defensive end in my opinion that we will have faced since Jadeveon Clowney at South Carolina. He’s a problem. 

“You really have to know where he is on every snap and spend some time getting a plan for that.” 

….

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney didn’t go so far as to compare Burns to Clowney, mainly because of their difference in size, but he did say Burns is the best defensive end the Tigers will have seen at any point this season. 

In a trying season that has not offered Florida State much, Burns has been a consistent bright spot. 

“He is fast and twitchy and long. He’s not as big as Clowney. Clowney was a heavier guy,” Swinney said. ”(Burns) is probably only about 230 pounds, so he’s not as heavy, but he is disruptive and has got great length. 

“He has given everybody a problem.” 

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/as-explosive-as-jadeveon-clowney-clemson-s-jeff-scott-says/article_d740275a-d6e1-11e8-a17f-d7ba2ab14b8e.html

those saying he's too small or is going to get destroyed obviously don't know his skill set or watched tape on him. Nor are they factoring in his desire and drive to be the best in the NFL. He's going to be the one doing the destroying. His skill set and traits are that damn good, he's an elite level athlete. If he went to any other college and stayed at olb he would have went top ten and been compared to Von Miller. 

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

those saying he's too small or is going to get destroyed obviously don't know his skill set or watched tape on him. Nor are they factoring in his desire and drive to be the best in the NFL. He's going to be the one doing the destroying. His skill set and traits are that damn good, he's an elite level athlete. If he went to any other college and stayed at olb he would have went top ten and been compared to Von Miller. 

Also, he just turned 21. Young with potential with his skills and natural ability = :Eggplant_Emoji_Icon_42x42:

Archived