• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns is way too small to be effectiveeeee.....!!!!!!!

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

So Burns is DE in the nickel with 4 DL and 2 LBs?

He can be .. But in sure passing downs we will probably be in the 3/4 or that amobi front where all the guys are standing and switching around spots on the line . We also rotate alot on the Dline anyway.. So I don't see what your question is here??

5 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

He can be .. But in sure passing downs we will probably be in the 3/4 or that amobi front where all the guys are standing and switching around spots on the line . We also rotate alot on the Dline anyway.. So I don't see what your question is here??

You can't see my question you just answered? I'm figuring out if we use 4 DL and 2 LBs and an extra CB in the nickel or 3-4 as you said and have one of our LBs cover the slot WR and where Burns would fit.

4 minutes ago, Michaelinraleigh said:

Nobody's concerned about pass rush. He has that covered. Everyone is worried about runs right at him in C and D 

You don't pass on a guy with elite pass rush traits because you're worried about how he holds up vs the run.

3 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I think a big difference is Von Miller played pretty close to his combine weight. Played his last season at A&M at 240. Burns was around 220. He put on nearly 30 pounds for the combine. 

Miller also demonstrated his fantastic strength on tape at A&M. He’s always played with it and it’s what sets up his speed and sets him apart. Guys like Mack and Miller transition from speed to power so well.

None of that means Burns won’t succeed. Just means he needs to play at 250. Not show up to test at 250. And he won’t only win with speed in the NFL. Ask Vic Beasley. 

Haha, no first rounder so u come in here talkin shet.  I liked the no call btw

8 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

You can't see my question you just answered? I'm figuring out if we use 4 DL and 2 LBs and an extra CB in the nickel or 3-4 as you said and have one of our LBs cover the slot WR and where Burns would fit.

Who is gonna play 3-4 DE in 3-4 sets, I wonder?  KK Short and Kyle Love, I guess?  Will Butler be used as a DE in a 3-4 or as a 0-tech?

I'm assuming, due to skill set and size, that Mario Addison, Bryan Cox, and Efe Obada won't be involved when using the 3-4?

Who will be the OLB in 3-4 sets opposite of Burns?  I'm assuming the answer to this question will be Marquis Haynes?  Bruce Irvin?

3 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I think a big difference is Von Miller played pretty close to his combine weight. Played his last season at A&M at 240. Burns was around 220. He put on nearly 30 pounds for the combine. 

Miller also demonstrated his fantastic strength on tape at A&M. He’s always played with it and it’s what sets up his speed and sets him apart. Guys like Mack and Miller transition from speed to power so well.

None of that means Burns won’t succeed. Just means he needs to play at 250. Not show up to test at 250. And he won’t only win with speed in the NFL. Ask Vic Beasley. 

Burns played at 235 

Miller played at 240 at a&m

Only 5 pound difference 

36 minutes ago, CatMan72 said:

Nobody is saying he's Von, premise of this was comparing size since some people are concerned that Burns can't be an effective NFL pass rusher based on his build which is absurd.

But the size comparison can go both ways, not just the "compare him to Von Miller" way.

How about the "compare him to Vic Beasley" way?

Or the "compare him to Takk McKinley" way?

Those are valid too, right?

18 minutes ago, Michaelinraleigh said:

Nobody's concerned about pass rush. He has that covered. Everyone is worried about runs right at him in C and D gap.

Player A

Run Defense - Natural strength allows him to set a firm edge and squeeze gaps. Doesn't consistently find the football and shed blocks to regularly finish. Effective slashing through gaps but lacks the lateral mobility to consistently work towards the sideline

Player B

Run Defense - Outstanding contain player and does well to maintain outside leverage and force runs back inside. Does well to set the edge and squeeze gaps. Highly effective at using his length to keep blockers away from his frame. Finds success slashing through gaps by getting skinny and dashing through.

Player C

Run Defense - Not an ideal candidate to regularly be tasked with setting the edge against offensive tackles and has noticeably better success vs tight ends. Eyes are often in the backfield, causing his pad level to rise and the lack of leverage is detrimental to his ability to maintain his fit. Has most of his success defending the run slashing gaps and filtering through contact. Offers outstanding range to close down distances and make plays outside the numbers. 

all three were in this draft, two taken before Burns. Take a guess which is which. 

11 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Who is gonna play 3-4 DE in 3-4 sets, I wonder?  KK Short and Kyle Love, I guess?  Will Butler be used as a DE in a 3-4 or as a 0-tech?

I'm assuming, due to skill set and size, that Mario Addison, Bryan Cox, and Efe Obada won't be involved when using the 3-4?

Who will be the OLB in 3-4 sets opposite of Burns?  I'm assuming the answer to this question will be Marquis Haynes?  Bruce Irvin?

Mario Addison was originally a 3-4 olb with Redskins. We converted him to DE, but he still has traits and skill to play outside. 

Archived