• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers select Brian Burns - Defensive End - FSU

Jeremy Igo

Talked with my FSU buddy who warned me about Kelvin when we drafted him and some other FSU drafted players he got right.

High praise, said the guy needs to put on a little weight but he’s an absolute freak. Said we will see him impact the game from day 1. I asked him about run support because that’s my major fear because of his weight. Said he moves around lineman so well that he’s constantly in the backfield making plays on running backs or just being disruptive in general with blitzes, rushes, pass breakups, tips at the line, recognizes run plays quickly like a linebacker. Referenced Luke. Was one of the few bright spots on the team. Compared him to Von at A&M. Said he definitely needs to put weight on though to reach his ceiling.  It’s just talk obviously but it got me hyped.

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Talked with my FSU buddy who warned me about Kelvin when we drafted him and some other FSU drafted players he got right.

High praise, said the guy needs to put on a little weight but he’s an absolute freak. Said we will see him impact the game from day 1. I asked him about run support because that’s my major fear because of his weight. Said he moves around lineman so well that he’s constantly in the backfield making plays on running backs or just being disruptive in general with blitzes, rushes, pass breakups, tips at the line, recognizes run plays quickly like a linebacker. Referenced Luke. Was one of the few bright spots on the team. Compared him to Von at A&M. Said he definitely needs to put weight on though to reach his ceiling.  It’s just talk obviously but it got me hyped.

If it was just talk he wouldnt have bee right about KB lol, friends like these are worth keeping.

6 hours ago, firefox1234 said:

Tbh when I see his tape and combine i dont realy see why the complaints about him being undersized were an issue. He's lean but has great build, not to big up top and not too small down low(no pun intended). He seems like perfect type of athlete you would want at that position.

Remember that in the nfl, everyone is stronger than they were in college. It’s much easier for weaker guys to be thrown of balance by people, even “weaker” OL/TEs/FBs bc the difference in strength is greater. Easier to get by being “weak” in college. No ones saying he needs a strong bull rush but he needs better functional play strength. Same was said of cmc, look what happened when he gained 5-7 pounds of mostly muscle. All of a sudden he has better balance and isn’t being brought down by arm tackles. Is he trucking guys? No, but the general strength increase helped him

4 hours ago, Michaelinraleigh said:

You can't consistently get away with running around run blocks in the nfl.

The linemen and backs are too good.

What's that? You want to try and run around me to where the play goes? Ok sure let me help you get there( one hand on his hip and he's 8 yards up field)

RB: Oh look at that dummy shooting up the field. Well I'll just cut inside my tackles ass in that big 10 yard wide alley. 

You have to fight across the face of a run block. 

Right, which is why he mentioned his weight to better be able to set the edge when asked to.

6 hours ago, firefox1234 said:

If it was just talk he wouldnt have bee right about KB lol, friends like these are worth keeping.

To be fair KBs work ethic was questioned widely. But he mentioned several spring ball incidents with Winston yelling at KB about not giving his all. Also he did think Winston would be an absolute stud in the league, similar to Roethlisberger but the jury is still out on that. I think Arians will help him though. 

Archived