• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers select Brian Burns - Defensive End - FSU

Jeremy Igo

28 minutes ago, beastson said:

Did he? Or did Cam have legal issues? 2 different things 

Huh? 

To be more clear, in the two years Sweat was at State, I’ve never heard anything negative. 

Did Newton have legal issues? Well that’s documented.

Its funny, people are  cool with passing on Sweat cause of alleged character issues, yet ok with taking Newton. 

I get it, as fans we spin it to our favor, to make us feel better, we all do. But jeez, for a decade watching the draft you guys were always so big on the fuging character thing...”Jerry won’t ever draft _______ cause his character is questionable “  High and almighty...but Cam didn’t matter (and I agree it shouldn’t have), and then the almighty Big Cat of high character is forced to sell.... hahaha

59 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I love watching these fools standing outside of the draft fist pumping over picks who they have no clue who they are...I get it, I’d be drunk doing the same but it’s amusing, 

Pretty cool that you can do the same thing with them. I don't know. Maybe you know each and every one of them personally, and know that they've never ever watched a college game in their lives.

6 hours ago, TheSaint said:

I love watching these fools standing outside of the draft fist pumping over picks who they have no clue who they are...I get it, I’d be drunk doing the same but it’s amusing, 

You're not the only person with a Google degree in everything.

Don't see how anyone can dislike this pick. He's literally the most gifted edge player in the draft. Posted a 9.99 RAS at LB and a 9.9 at DE. The highest score for any player at either position in this draft. His athleticism is off the charts, he's 21 and already has rush moves and counters, uses his first step effectively and mixes it up with stutter steps and inside moves. 

Enjoy the film of Brian Burns. While Nick Bosa was the most complete defensive end in the draft, I think Brian Burns was the best pure pass rusher. He has elite athleticism, bend and flexibility and combines that with advanced hand technique and a heavy arsenal of pass rush moves. 

I think this kid will end up being a fan favorite. Very high ceiling player that should be an immediate contributor.

https://youtu.be/nKRfCEtpmOY

39 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Don't see how anyone can dislike this pick. He's literally the most gifted edge player in the draft. Posted a 9.99 RAS at LB and a 9.9 at DE. The highest score for any player at either position in this draft. His athleticism is off the charts, he's 21 and already has rush moves and counters, uses his first step effectively and mixes it up with stutter steps and inside moves. 

Burns was my draft crush this entire process. I really don't think there is much separating he and Josh Allen. Cannot believe he fell to 16, phenomenal pick for us

8 minutes ago, Michaelinraleigh said:

I still have bad feelings about this pick.

I literally almost hit my head on this beam at this girl's house when Atlanta didn't take Sweat from jumping up and down.

I just have a feeling Sweat is going to be the better player. I think he has the potential to be a 16 to 18 sack guy in his best years.

I think Burns is maybe only a 12 to 14 sack guy in his best years.

We need our two outside guys to combine for 31 sacks a year to be truly dominant.  Anyone remember how dominant our pass rush was in 96? That's what we need. 

I don't give a fug what Sweat does if Burns is getting 12-14 sacks per year this is an amazing pick lol. Those are Pro Bowl numbers.

46 minutes ago, The4ManRush said:

Enjoy the film of Brian Burns. While Nick Bosa was the most complete defensive end in the draft, I think Brian Burns was the best pure pass rusher. He has elite athleticism, bend and flexibility and combines that with advanced hand technique and a heavy arsenal of pass rush moves. 

I think this kid will end up being a fan favorite. Very high ceiling player that should be an immediate contributor.

https://youtu.be/nKRfCEtpmOY

Everyone needs to watch that YT video. Excellent breakdown. He was my highest rated pass-rusher. Allen maybe more complete (play strength/power) and Sweat with more straight-line speed but Burns bend is second to none/he is the most fluid at his position/his pass rush moves are pretty advanced.

If some here cannot get excited for him, then I do not know what to tell them. Burns is going to be amazing. He is a taller version with less strength version of Khalil Mack. He is no Von Miller. 

4 minutes ago, Michaelinraleigh said:

12 to 14 is below what I consider super star. We want a guy who averages 16 with flashes to 20.

I don't want just pro bowl. I want Reggie White Bruce Smith production. 

And I didn't say average 12 to 14 that's his best years.

You will care if Sweat is getting 16 to 20.

I think Sweat has the physical tools to be Peppers or better. I don't think Burns has top 6 all time capability. 

Sweat has the same question marks Burns does. 6-5 and playing weight of 241. Burns played at 235. 

Difference between the two is Burns has elite change of direction and Sweat doesn't. Sweat has tight hips so he wasn't dropped back a lot in college. 

Burns showed up at the combined at 250 expecting to be drafted as an 3-4 OLB. Sweat showed up at 260 expecting to be drafted as a De. 

Burns fits the Panthers scheme better, sweat wouldn't be able to do everything the Panthers are going to ask Burns to do. 

42 minutes ago, Michaelinraleigh said:

It's just my gut feeling. I hope I'm wrong. I just want at least one Superbowl before I die. 

I understand gut feelings, but trust me. Burns is a freak of nature just as much as Sweat is if not more so. Burns posted a 9.99 RAS as a LB and a 9.9 as a DE. Sweat posted a 9.9 as a DE. 

That 9.99 RAS as a LB would put him in the top 1% of OLB in the NFL. It's ridiculous how athletic he is. Not just a combination of his speed and agility but his change of direction and his ability to string pass rush moves together. You'll see Burns pull off a fake speed rush into a stutter step into a club and spin move combination all the time watching him at fst. 

40 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

Everyone needs to watch that YT video. Excellent breakdown. He was my highest rated pass-rusher. Allen maybe more complete (play strength/power) and Sweat with more straight-line speed but Burns bend is second to none/he is the most fluid at his position/his pass rush moves are pretty advanced.

If some here cannot get excited for him, then I do not know what to tell them. Burns is going to be amazing. He is a taller version with less strength version of Khalil Mack. He is no Von Miller. 

He can easily add muscle to that frame and increase his play strength. What I like about him is he knows the areas where he wants to improve. He admitted that all of his moves were based off speed and quickness and to take that next step, he needs to add a power rush to his game. 

Archived