• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers select Brian Burns - Defensive End - FSU

Jeremy Igo

Yea he's not spinaroo 2.0 and sounds like a great kid. I didn't expect Clelin Ferrel to go no.4 so I honestly didn't think this would be the pick as Sweats stuff wasn't known to me (like the can't be yelled at thing I didn't hear before the draft) to the degree it must exist for him to drop.Mostly thought it was a BS heart issue which turns out to be another wack diagnosis.

He has the frame/size to be legit and the attitude to go with it.

2 minutes ago, Nate Dogg said:

Wow, he even makes that hat look pretty good. Nice pick. 

Yea was this the draft year they decided to have a "ugliest hat per team" design contest. I mean fug I expect to see them trot out the medieval hose with pointy toes next year.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: As far as the 3-4 alignment, nobody should be counting on Bruce Irvin as a starter anymore. 

Burn starts. Irvin, Addison and company rotate in as the joker, buck, elaphant whatever based on packages imo. Both Burns and Irvin can drop into coverage if need be so teams can't really call out who's the designated rusher based in personnel when they are both in.

1 minute ago, chbright said:

Burn starts. Irvin, Addison and company rotate in as the joker, buck, elaphant whatever based on packages imo. Both Burns and Irvin can drop into coverage if need be so teams can't really call out who's the designated rusher based in personnel when they are both in.

People are quoting Rivera as saying Burns isn't a starter right now in his presser.

I haven't watched it, but plan to.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

People are quoting Rivera as saying Burns isn't a starter right now in his presser.

I haven't watched it, but plan to.

I don't think Rivera's ever called any rookie a starter. He's firmly in the old "gotta earn it" mindset.

11 hours ago, Pantha-kun said:

great pick. Proven pass rusher with production. He has plenty of time to put on a little weight. 

Dont forget CMC was a pretty controversial pick b/c a lot of panther fans thought he was too much of a lightweight, too finess, could not take punishment, etc. 

No. CMC was controversial because he was white to hypocritical new age Panther fans.

8 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Was a little frustrated last night, but coming around to the pick.

If he is a difference maker, he will be on a very affordable contract for a pass rusher.

There's things to like about him.

Functional strength is gonna be the biggest question in my mind.

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's things to like about him.

Functional strength is gonna be the biggest question in my mind.

I don't watch much college and don't have time any longer to really dig deep into these prospects, but my gut kept telling me that Dillard would be the call there, but I was wrong...unsurprisingly.

He looks like a natural pass rusher to me, but man he is slight....not short and small like E. Brown, just skinny and long, hope he can play the run well.

Either way, I'm just glad it wasn't a WR or a S to be honest.

Archived