• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers select Brian Burns - Defensive End - FSU

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Double Trouble said:

question: so if we switch to a 3-4, would it look something like...

OLB: Burns and Irvin

ILB: Shaq and Luke

DE: Addison and ?

NT:  one of Short/Butler/Poe/Love

Maybe I messing this up.  Would any of our 4-3 tackles play 3-4 DE? Would it be Addison/Short/Poe up front?

Addison would be an OLB.  Too slight for a 3-4 end.

3-4 DEs are generally all the size of pass rushing DTs, like KK or Butler seem the most likely 3-4 DEs to me.  Poe has played NT before, so he has to be projected as the starter there.  And I have no idea how they're going to play Shaq...

3 minutes ago, Double Trouble said:

Maybe I messing this up.  Would any of our 4-3 tackles play 3-4 DE? Would it be Addison/Short/Poe up front?

Olb - Irvin/Burns/obada

Ilb - Kuechly, Thompson

Olb - Addison/Haynes/obada

De - Short/free agent/ draft pick

Dt - Poe/love

De - Butler/Cox Jr/ 

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Addison would be an OLB.  Too slight for a 3-4 end.

3-4 DEs are generally all the size of pass rushing DTs, like KK or Butler seem the most likely 3-4 DEs to me.  Poe has played NT before, so he has to be projected as the starter there.  And I have no idea how they're going to play Shaq...

Got it thanks. Thought I must have had something wrong up front considering Rams would play Suh and Donald in 3-4 sets together. So would inside be Irvin and Luke? 

edit: wait no Irvin definitely goes outside.

Just now, Double Trouble said:

Got it thanks. Thought I must have had something wrong up front considering Rams would play Suh and Donald in 3-4 sets together. So would inside be Irvin and Luke? 

carpanfan's projections seem accurate:

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

Olb - Irvin/Burns/obada

Ilb - Kuechly, Thompson

Olb - Addison/Haynes/obada

De - Short/free agent/ draft pick

Dt - Poe/love

De - Butler/Cox Jr/ 

11 minutes ago, Double Trouble said:

I think Short, Butler, Love could all do it. 

13 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

carpanfan's projections seem accurate:

Just think of this: 

Addison, Poe, Short, Burns lined up in 3 point stances with Kuechly Irvin and Thompson at LB and. Other team thinks your in 3-4 but maybe it's big nickel with Thompson or more of a 4-3 look with Irvin as an OLB. You could rush Irvin and drop Burns from DE. Gaps and assignments could be anything from a 4-3 normal look or a 3-4 or be in actual big nickel. 

Offense doesn't know the defense alignment or where the rush is coming from. Burns and Irvin can both drop back and play zone. Obviously this would be a sub package but the creativity could be off the charts. 

Best quote to hear from your team's first round selection. 

"I’m hungry. I’m hungry for knowledge. I want to learn. I want to be coached, I want to be coachable,” Burns said. “But I want to be great, and I’m ready to get going and get this work in.”

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ed Oliver was considered the potential #1 overall pick for much of the season and he went #9, so might wanna pause on the gloating for the moment.

Why do you assume I’m gloating? That god Sean Payton was probably sitting there laughing his butt off at how he punked that idiot Rivera so flippin hard in the season finale.

Archived