• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers select Brian Burns - Defensive End - FSU

Jeremy Igo

Just now, bobcat91 said:

I watched him for 2 years as a season ticket holder at Mississippi State. He made mistakes at Mich State and  grew up like most do. So he was not a combine wonder and was top 5 in the SEC for 2 straight years in sacks and tackles for loss with zero red flags. He met our needs much more than Burns. 

Sweat is not an Olb that can play De some. Which is what Rivera was looking for. Burns is that player, he's perfect fit at 3-4 olb who can play some end. 

2 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

I watched him for 2 years as a season ticket holder at Mississippi State. He made mistakes at Mich State and  grew up like most do. So he was not a combine wonder and was top 5 in the SEC for 2 straight years in sacks and tackles for loss with zero red flags. He met our needs much more than Burns. 

Yeah okay.. I knew Burns mom back in the days and she got bit by a radioactive spider when she was pregnant with him.. So I knew way back than he was going to be great..haha

Just now, Sub Zero said:

Yeah okay.. I knew Burns mom back in the days and she got bit by a radioactive spider when she was pregnant with him.. So I knew way back than he was going to be great..haha

Lol. Look, I'll get over it but I liked Sweat better. I want Burns to be defensive rookie of the year. We just have too many needs and too few selections. On to day 2

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Was scared of his frame and the FSU DE thing, but am super excited for his potential.  I've got a feeling thus FSU DE is gonna be different.  

Also, fun fact, did you know his brother is former Panther Stanley McClover?

His brother was sporting Panther Blue and the happiest guy in Nashville tonight. Lol his interview was fantastic. 

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Was scared of his frame and the FSU DE thing, but am super excited for his potential.  I've got a feeling thus FSU DE is gonna be different.  

Also, fun fact, did you know his brother is former Panther Stanley McClover?

Some of you must be pretty young...Before the Brown think FSU produced plenty of top teir defensive ends... 

Kamerion Wimbley DE Cleveland Browns 1st (13)
Andre Wadsworth DL Arizona Cardinals 1st (3)
Peter Boulware DE Baltimore Ravens

1st (4)

Derrick Alexander DE Minnesota Vikings 1st (11)

Jamal Reynolds DE Green Bay Packers 1st (10)
Darnell Dockett DT Arizona Cardinals 3rd (64)

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

Some of you must be pretty young...Before the Brown think FSU produced plenty of top teir defensive ends... 

Nope.  I'm in my mid 30s and can't remember the last one that was worth their pick.  Their most recent DE draftee list is atrocious.  Best one in the last 25 years was probably Boulware, who actually was an OLB in the pros.  But, I'm not gonna worry about it...  I think Burns is gonna be legit.

Archived