• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers select Brian Burns - Defensive End - FSU

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

Not a huge fan, teams are going to run at him a lot, hope we have enough speed to cover that up. Excellent off the ball rusher though.

You got 5 more picks to see how good your analysis is... Little getting pass up right now?? Hmmmmmmm

38 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

And with all those weaknesses, this was the choice?

we aren’t playing basketball or soccer.  Those LTs in the NFL will eat this guy alive 

Weaknesses
  • Not as naturally fluid as his brother, Joey
  • Tightly bundled through his hips
  • Upfield attack can be a little rigid
  • Counter rush moves based on effort over skill
  • Gets too straight-legged through engagement
  • Can bend, but doesn't play with leveraged anchor vs kick-outs and down blocks
  • Disappointing tackle production
  • Needs earlier disengage to combat average lateral twitch to tackle
  • Heavy pursuit feet and sluggish change of direction limit range as tackler
  • Needs to be quicker in finding the football
  • Missed most of 2018 with core muscle injury

That's Nick Bosa's draft profile.  If you just looked at that you'd think he was a 3rd round pick.  The nfl.com draft profiles are extremely critical

Just now, Verge said:

Not a huge fan, teams are going to run at him a lot, hope we have enough speed to cover that up. Excellent off the ball rusher though.

If he's at 3-4 OLB, there's no need to worry.

His athletic ability, bend, and moves lined up wide as a OLB rusher kid is going to be a stud

People forget

Kid was recruited to play 3-4 OLB in college and was a stud there his first 2 seasons.  

The only "questions" arose about how he held up came after the scheme change and they had to move him to 4-3 DE

Had Von Miller got thrown into that same situation, he very well may have had people questioning him like this too

10 minutes ago, Verge said:

Yeah with Sweat still being available this was a reach. We now have to get a true DE and that messes with the way the rest of the draft sets up.

2 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

Yeah with Sweat still being available this was a reach. We now have to get a true DE and that messes with the way the rest of the draft sets up.

Its called a background check.. All teams do it.. Sweats might not have came back clean..

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Would've preferred Sweat but I'm not mad. I was terrified we were gonna take Dillard and I think that guy's a bust waiting to happen.

Great move by Howie Roseman to jump ahead of the Texans to get Dillard. Texans then reached a full round to draft Tytus Howard

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

Great move by Howie Roseman to jump ahead of the Texans to get Dillard. Texans then reached a full round to draft Tytus Howard

I'd honestly rather roll the dice on Howard than Dillard and I'm normally I that wants to avoid small school OL. Dillard just looked like lava hot trash at the senior bowl in a more NFL style offense.

Archived