• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

GENERAL NFL DRAFT THREAD - ROUND 1

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Depending on how it goes from 33-39 (WR run?), we may be sitting at 47 like we were at 16 with the chance to pick among a few guys we like. G/T, S and CB are looking good. If there’s a clear guy we have to have, it wouldn’t take much to get them. If we didn’t want to lose capital this year, next year’s 3rd could probably get us to 33.

That’s not a bad haul trading next years 3rd to move up that far would be dope 

LMAO 

tried to tell all y’all nfl was higher on ferrel. But omg he didn’t run a fast 40! (Or any 40) so clearly he sucks! fuging sike! Go look at his tape. Projected top 10 pick 2 years ago and only got better last year. Even I didn’t expect 4th ovr but thought he would go before us 

9 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

LMAO 

tried to tell all y’all nfl was higher on ferrel. But omg he didn’t run a fast 40! (Or any 40) so clearly he sucks! fuging sike! Go look at his tape. Projected top 10 pick 2 years ago and only got better last year. Even I didn’t expect 4th ovr but thought he would go before us 

Said the same thing.. The ppl making the pick with their lively hoods on the line .. Would go with Ferrell.. Safe no red flags on or off the field, intelligent pass rushing mind, Leader and captain on a team full of stars, production over years and a non stop motor to match.. Ofcourse he was going higher than journalists with no skin in the game thinks..lol

57 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Depending on how it goes from 33-39 (WR run?), we may be sitting at 47 like we were at 16 with the chance to pick among a few guys we like. G/T, S and CB are looking good. If there’s a clear guy we have to have, it wouldn’t take much to get them. If we didn’t want to lose capital this year, next year’s 3rd could probably get us to 33.

My personal favorite is adderly, which I think he’s in line to be the next s off the board or some team is going to trade up for him. But we need that run on wrs, regardless as long as we don’t botch the pick I’ll be happy 

1 hour ago, Panthers8969 said:

LMAO 

I liked him after watching him towards the end of last season, but him not participating in the combine or his pro day was off putting, imo.  But, based just off his game in college and how I thought that would translate as a pro, yeah, he looked great.

6 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Addlerly is the target in the second... fill that center fielder safety we need. I'm all in for that.

I had the same thought.   2nd has to be a S.  Rapp (I know a lot of people are down on him due to his 40 time) is in play.  Thornhill too.    It will be interesting to see what we do a S if we do not address it in round 2...It will be hard to leave an OL sitting there--we should probably trade the thirds and move up.

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I liked him after watching him towards the end of last season, but him not participating in the combine or his pro day was off putting, imo.  But, based just off his game in college and how I thought that would translate as a pro, yeah, he looked great.

I've seen some speculation that he won't translate well to the pros, kinda like Kevin Dodd. Guess we'll see.

General consensus had him in the bottom third of the first.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen some speculation that he won't translate well to the pros, kinda like Kevin Dodd. Guess we'll see.

General consensus had him in the bottom third of the first.

Yeah, that's what I meant about him not participating in the physical part of the draft process being off-putting.  His game looked impressive in college, but as I heard someone say this morning, "Ferrell is more polished than a Josh Allen coming in, but Allen and the other pass rushers available at 4 had much higher ceilings."  Yes, Ferrell is polished, and I attribute a lot of his success in college to that, but we need numbers to gauge whether those skills will translate relatively well to the next level, imo.  So him not working out to me was a sign that he felt his measurables would knock his stock down, so he rested on his tape...  that was what changed my mind on him and I believe he'll end up very average at best.

Archived