• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

GENERAL NFL DRAFT THREAD - ROUND 1

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Ok, with the Pats pick we’ve got 14 picks and these guys left:

T: Ford, Taylor, Risner and Little

G: McCoy and Jenkins

S: Adderley, Rapp, Gardner-Johnson and Thornhill

CB: Murphy, Johnson, Ya-Sin and Greedy

That's 14 guys without looking at other positions like WR that has a lot of guys ranked as the top left. 

A ton of good receivers are still left. Hopefully they'll be a run early on offensive skill positions tomorrow.

Just now, stbugs said:

Nice. They signed two FA Gs and drafted a G (love him but still only a G) and potential RT with their first 3 picks. They needed DL help in a great DL draft and they whiffed.

I am surprised with their first pick because I don't think the depth on the Edge is there after round 1. As we are seeing now the depth is there on the oline

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Yep. Seems premature to jump on McGary with everything still left and not getting anything before their 4th rounder on DL. 

I was thinking a trade up might be good, but the way this board is falling if we stay put we can find a nice offensive lineman, safety or corner in the 2nd. 

Just now, stbugs said:

Yep. Seems premature to jump on McGary with everything still left and not getting anything before their 4th rounder on DL. 

Probably but if he’s your guy you take him.

teams draft their guys, the world boards and hack writers be damned. 

Burns was pretty dead on for us although I would love to see the board and see what we would have done if Jonah and Wilkins would have fallen to us.

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Walterfootball is eviscerating Atlanta and New York Giants. What a horrid draft for a team with three first round selections for Gettleman

Low hanging fruit. Most teams favorite GM not in their building is the oh-so clever GM from the Giants. He's the gift that keeps on giving.

Archived