• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the minimum number of starters the Panthers need from this draft?

Jeremy Igo

I’ll be a realist and say we at the very least need two starters at FS, DL, OT. Doesn’t matter the combination but the two should come from one of those positions. If we do then playoffs are a given in my opinion and s SuperBowl run very likely with this team.

I think it was a very good draft. 

Will Grier? People are reacting as if we took him in the first round--we got him for free (Norwell comp pick).  At WVU, he had some decent WRs--a poor OL, and not much behind him.  In the Panther offense, I argue that his skill set could be better than Cam's-if you consider that Cam's running ability should be waning and his accuracy is a bigger issue with shorter WRs. Cam is tough for WRs because he often disrupts the timing  of routes--we can't see what he sees, but there are times when he takes his drop and plants his foot without throwing out of that plant---when he does, he is accurate and effective.  The longer he waits, the worse he gets. While his accuracy did go up in 2018, his passes were shorter.  The offense has changed a lot since 2011, and I think Cam took a beating taking this team on his shoulders when we had no other weapons.  Grier has a pretty accurate deep ball, he throws screens very well, and he is very smart--suggesting that the game will slow down for him quickly.  I love Cam, but I am a realist, not willing to be blinded by a bleeding heart.  With a $38m contract on the 2021 horizon, what will they do?

I see potential starters in Grier, Burns, Little, and I think the others will play a role soon.  Daley is the sleeper of this draft--he has improved dramatically and is raw.  Give him a year with Matsko. 

Archived