• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the minimum number of starters the Panthers need from this draft?

Jeremy Igo

I was going to say 2. OL and S--3 if you think we need a starting DE---that depends on the defense we run.  However, I think we need a LT and maybe that solves the LG problem?  The S is the pick nobody seems to be really talking about that much, but it is critically important.  We upgrade 2 positions by getting a good FS and moving Reid to SS. 

I think our pick is going to be between Dillard and Ford, fwiw, unless Burns is there.  Even then, we could go LT.

I was just looking at our picks. Very likely we trade up in rounds 2 or 3 IMO. Makes it more likely to get starters out of those first 3 rounds. I think it also means we are unlikely to draft a QB until later. Cam gets 2019 to show where he's at. If it doesn't work out, draft a QB with the high 2020 pick. 

1. Edge-We are so bad at edge rusher that we are literally changing schemes just to manufacture some form of pressure.  Also marquise Haynes is our only edge under contract past this season

2. FS- Gaulden or Collin Jones could be our starting FS.  Thats all that needs to be said

3. OL We have s QB that has been beat to death and injured.  Pradis, Moton, Turner and Williams are the only starting OL worth a dam.  Need a OT or a starting OG if we are running with Moton and Williams as starting OTs

I would love OL DL CB/FS. FS is probably more important than CB but I would love to have both. 

Truthfully I would want OT, 2 DE and/or 3-4 OLB, FS and CB. Getting 3 starters and 3 that are quality depth and maybe starters later would be awesome

4 superb, 3 great, 2 minimum 

we could get a starting de,fs,g and nickel depending on how the draft falls.

I'm expecting a starting fs and guard/tackle, de is a need but i wouldn’t press it, pass rush by committee would work this year if they are able to fix fs and nickel. 

I think we have to find a starting FS, but then again it feels like I've been saying that forever.

It'd be nice to upgrade LG, but that upgrade may already be on the roster in Tyler Larsen. I know we would really prefer to keep him in a backup role simply because it's really nice to have a top quality reserve who can fill in anywhere along the interior OL, but I think you have to play your five best OL. Don't wait for an injury to play one of your five best guys. If we don't draft an OL early, Larsen needs to be given a shot to win the LG spot.

I really, REALLY want an edge rusher at #16 and I think we'll add a DT as well but I'm not sure either would "start". It doesn't really matter at that position given the way they rotate. Give me a guy who can come in and immediately he a big part of the rotation and always be on the field in obvious passing situations.

Archived