• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is DRAFT WEEK. Look alive. Here are the rules...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

While we're at it, can we all stop acting like we've watched the full game tape on every prospect in the draft?

Most of the guys who claim "I've watched his tape" are just flat out lying to make themselves sound better. Others have pulled up a five minute highlight reel on YouTube and think that tells the whole story.

You're not a professional scout. Just give your opinion and let people take it for what it's worth.

Well that was unnecessary...

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

While we're at it, can we all stop acting like we've watched the full game tape on every prospect in the draft?

Most of the guys who claim "I've watched his tape" are just flat out lying to make themselves sound better. Others have pulled up a five minute highlight reel on YouTube and think that tells the whole story.

You're not a professional scout. Just give your opinion and let people take it for what it's worth.

My biggest pet peeve. Arm chair GMs claiming they watch tape on players. Youtube highlights are not tape. That is not how scouts and GMs evaluate players. If it was they would be out of a job fast

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Welcome to draft week on the Huddle. 

This is the busiest non-playoff weekend of the entire year here on our beloved Huddle. I have completed the server upgrade. We are prepared. 

Here are the rules:

1. NO SPOILERS!!! We go by the podium announcement. We enjoy the build up excitement. Climaxing too early is no fun, trust me I know. 

2. A mod or admin will start a thread for each Carolina Panthers draft pick. Do not start a new thread announcing a Panthers selection. Please use the existing thread for general reaction to the pick. 

3. There will be a draft thread for general banter for every other team's picks throughout the evenings.

4. All other rules will be strictly enforced. Have civil discourse and enjoy the weekend. You don't want to find yourself banned for draft weekend. 

Love,

Management 

You may want to stop new sign ups to prevent trolls from creating a new account and spoiling the announcement, unless you've resolved the banning issues.(or even still)

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

no one watches tape. its all digital

this isnt 1960

I've watched  NO TAPE,,  I've read no  " mock drafts  2.0645258483 "  

We have a lot of needs,,   

We don't have the first overall pick ( CAM ) , so there's no way to know what might unfold.

Sit back..  relax ..   and lets hope our picks are never a bust . We get starters.  Our 6th round pick is as good as someone like Tom Brady at any position.

Archived