• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sweat could drop out of the first round

Jeremy Igo

23 hours ago, Michaelinraleigh said:

Then a flyer on the kid from Charleston in the 5th or 6th.

Do you mean John Cominsky or Soloman Brown?

Cominsky is from the University of Charleston in Charleston, West Virginia. Soloman Brown is from Charleston Southern University in Charleston, SC. 

Panthers risk not getting in on the proclaimed best pass rusher draft in years knowing they need one badly. Call it stupid but they need to at least leap frog ATL because if not they WILL get Sweat to keep him away from Carolina. We're all wondering how good he'll be but be on the business end of that talent with Cam running for life.

19 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Panthers risk not getting in on the proclaimed best pass rusher draft in years knowing they need one badly. Call it stupid but they need to at least leap frog ATL because if not they WILL get Sweat to keep him away from Carolina. We're all wondering how good he'll be but be on the business end of that talent with Cam running for life.

They probably would have to leapfrog up to #12 since I don't see Miami trading back.  So pick #16 and #77 for #12 would be a realistic deal.  Worth it in my opinion, if we are sold on him being our guy (talent and health wise). 

If we sit back and ATL takes Sweat, we then have a shot at Wilkins. But then would we want a tackle (Dillard/Taylor) to counter the Sweat pick? This draft is could go so many ways, can't wait.

1 hour ago, Panthers8969 said:

I really doubt ATL takes an edge with what they have invested there 

Some people over there were upset Bruce Irvin left. They have a need, definitely. They also need DT. They need Dline in general and they pick before us, no good if we've got the same needs.

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Better than DeAndre Hopkins?  

Yeh that was my bold statement— and of course it should say 2nd best— but wasn’t Alshon in that draft too? Kinda fuzzy—

edit— I had to look them up, so yeh Hopkins is at 7500 yards 41 TD and Keenan 5900 and 28 so yeh, number 2. Alshon 2012, has similar stats to Hopkins but another year playing.

Archived