• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Monday or Sunday night games for the first time in a long while

Jeremy Igo

43 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

Surprised by the lack of a Monday night game, didn't expect a Sunday night game.  The one Thursday game is early and only on NFL network not broadcast.  Spinning any way you want, but it was big time disrespect.  

We haven't given them a reason to respect us. It is what it is. 

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

If we have to pray for 1:00 games because you’re all scared of prime time national games because we suck in them....guess what ladies.  All playoff games are prime time regardless of the hour of kickoff.  I don’t get the defeated mindset.  I love the MNF/SNF games.  Thursday night football can go die somewhere though.  

Yeah, I agree with the statement that it's ridiculous to be happy about a lack of primetime games b/c we aren't good in them, but for me personally, that's not what it's about.  I just enjoy 1 pm kickoffs vs. 8 pm or later b/c it's an ideal time to chill out on Sunday and watch the Panthers.  And plus with "primetime" games not ending until like 11:30 or midnight, is it really even primetime anymore? Ha

And yes, TNF should be done away with altogether.

10 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

Yeah, I agree with the statement that it's ridiculous to be happy about a lack of primetime games b/c we aren't good in them, but for me personally, that's not what it's about.  I just enjoy 1 pm kickoffs vs. 8 pm or later b/c it's an ideal time to chill out on Sunday and watch the Panthers.  And plus with "primetime" games not ending until like 11:30 or midnight, is it really even primetime anymore? Ha

And yes, TNF should be done away with altogether.

Fair point.  My angst is towards those afraid of night games because we fall apart and forget how to football when the sun is not directly overhead.

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

There is no other time slot I hate more than TNF

It’s been a long time since I’ve ever enjoyed any Thursday night game. They are terrible for the sport and virtually no one in the league other than the owners wants them. 

3 hours ago, Mistuh Jones said:

This effing sucks for someone who's region is ALWAYS the Sucs or Failcons, or Jags ... guess I'm splurging for the package this year :thinking:

Yea, this is the only downside for me.

Every game that wasn’t on for me, I ended up using reddit. Might stop being a cheapskate and get the package this year.

I prefer 1pm games, though. Get drunk, sober up with a nap, and I’m good by 5 or 6 to get dinner started.

Have never gotten drunk at a football game. I'd be afraid I might miss something.

I tend to watch games with a buddy who's also into in-depth analysis of the game. We end up discussing nearly every play. He gets a chuckle out of the fact that sometimes I'll say something right before the announcer says it.

So yeah, I'm That Guy, and you probably wouldn't enjoy going to a game with me unless you're into breaking everything down as it happens :)

Although I am lucky enough to be able to work from home after weeknight games, and there is no denying that the pregaming can be more fun, I also like the 1PM standard time for games, it's the whole day but I get home before 6 usually. Plus it gives me a great excuse to stay home Saturday night to cook or prep some food and get to bed for an early start.

My problem is that there are too many great options for away games this year. London is what I am leaning to but we have Arizona this year? I have friends in Indy, love SF and have a free place to stay but we were there for SB50. Green Bay? Houston? A real banner year to travel with the team.

Archived