• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favorite to trade up with Jets?

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, NJPanthers89 said:

I’m not a Clemson fan and I don’t think my scouting eye is better than anyone’s, it’s strictly my opinion when I watch them both play on film.  I’m not saying Ferrell should be drafted ahead of Bosa.  I saw many downs where Burns ran into a double team and literally just stopped and gave up on the play .  I saw many where Ferrell fought through them because he has power moves and hand technique he can use.  If Burns doesn’t beat a guy off the line, his plays basically over.  An occasional spin move is all he has unless the play breaks down.  Again he can be taught all of those things at the next level, but to have a guy who already posses it day 1 is rare and I think Ferrell goes higher than most mocks predict come Thursday.  Guys with Burns speed and bend are also rare which is why he’s a first rounder, but let’s not pretend he doesn’t have a lot of work to do on his game which may take some time.

Me and you haven’t talked before but I am a fan of your content. I believe I saw some videos you made or some insider info but I like you as a poster. That said everyone will tell you I’m the resident Ferrell hater. I don’t think he’s special and the thing that you said that makes him special is something that can be taught and is almost expected from a NFL player.

“hand usage” rarely warrants a high draft selection simply because it doesn’t make you special, it’s expected. It like your a construction worker and you like guys I know how to work the crane, (yeah we all do..) Hand usage is a important part of a pass rushers arsenal but it ranks about where route running does for wide receivers. For example Curtis Samuels was a running back converted to Wr and one of his biggest knocks was route running.

Welp by mid season many of us were calling him the best route runner on the team. Skills like those can be taught and developed. What can’t be developed, Sweat’s first step, Burns Burst off the Line, Gary’s Strength and speed in a man his size. Those things make a prospect special. Those things get a player drafted high. There’s a reason Ferrell is never mocked top 10, he just isn’t special. He is safe, like his floor is he’s a rotational guy, but his ceiling due to his lack of ability isn’t close to any of the other first round guys.

Drafting Farrell would be like drafting a guy to come in and be your number 2 wr. You don’t need him to lead the attack but you want him to win one on one because the other guy is drawing double teams.  We need a alpha dog. A number 1 pass rusher that’s gonna revolutionize a stagnate pass rush.  With Ferrell’s limited up side due to his average athletic ability can he be that? I think that’s why he is consistently rated below the other guys and no one top 10 is really looking at him. Add in the monsters he played along side and no one is really sure how good he is.. is he a product of the system or what?

5 hours ago, Chosen Newton said:

We shoulda traded up last year when Derwin James was falling. Hope hurney  learned his lesson

No we shouldn't have. We got the best receiver in the draft. Not having good safeties was a fault of free agency not the draft. Hurney did the right thing last year and doesn't need to move up this year. There will be tons of good players available at 16 

38 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

No we shouldn't have. We got the best receiver in the draft. Not having good safeties was a fault of free agency not the draft. Hurney did the right thing last year and doesn't need to move up this year. There will be tons of good players available at 16 

The difference between good players and Great players are what define a team. Can we honestly say Moore is better than Ridley? It’s kind of a push at the moment. James is a Great player and after year one arguably the best player in the league at his position. I personally would have gave up Moore at 24 and every 3rd rounder we had to secure James. But when we get to taking about Moore and Jackson tho... I think James is better than both, but I wouldn’t put him over the combined impact of both of them if that makes sense.

James is a Generational talent. He is redefining the Saftey position. If we would have selected James We probably wouldn’t be as bad off for a pass rusher as we are now. James played every position on the Chargers defense except middle linebacker and Nose Tackle. That’s amazing. And he had success as a Pass rusher. I’m talking about bull rushing and pancaking tackles as a 6’2 215-220 Safety.

9B8B1701-E1B5-4BB0-8EDB-14EE7BB6BE25.png

1DC38A2D-7327-464C-AC5E-45E0E140EE7F.jpeg

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

The difference between good players and Great players are what define a team. Can we honestly say Moore is better than Ridley? It’s kind of a push at the moment. James is a Great player and after year one arguably the best player in the league at his position. I personally would have gave up Moore at 24 and every 3rd rounder we had to secure James. But when we get to taking about Moore and Jackson tho... I think James is better than both, but I wouldn’t put him over the combined impact of both of them if that makes sense.

James is a Generational talent. He is redefining the Saftey position. If we would have selected James We probably wouldn’t be as bad off for a pass rusher as we are now. James played every position on the Chargers defense except middle linebacker and Nose Tackle. That’s amazing. And he had success as a Pass rusher. I’m talking about bull rushing and pancaking tackles as a 6’2 215-220 Safety.

9B8B1701-E1B5-4BB0-8EDB-14EE7BB6BE25.png

1DC38A2D-7327-464C-AC5E-45E0E140EE7F.jpeg

These people don’t watch enough football to know how good Derwin James really was. They probably just keep up with the Panthers 

15 minutes ago, Chosen Newton said:

These people don’t watch enough football to know how good Derwin James really was. They probably just keep up with the Panthers 

Yeah I don't go back in time still wanting something that can't change and it's over with. We got the player and wr we wanted. PERIOD

25 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Yeah I don't go back in time still wanting something that can't change and it's over with. We got the player and wr we wanted. PERIOD

No it does matter because that’s how we got to talking about this to begain with. Learning from our mistakes.  Am I disappointed in Moore or Jackson... nope they are solid/ good players. But would I regret not having them if we had James instead? Hell no. Playing it safe and saying all players are the same is not how you win in this league. Playing it safe cost you maybe a hall of famer vs 2 good players. 

1 hour ago, steven8989 said:

Go away. No one cares about your two cents. The only reason you have a score of 961 is because of all the poo reactions everyone has been giving you with your lame takes. 

8 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

No it does matter because that’s how we got to talking about this to begain with. Learning from our mistakes.  Am I disappointed in Moore or Jackson... nope they are solid/ good players. But would I regret not having them if we had James instead? Hell no. Playing it safe and saying all players are the same is not how you win in this league. Playing it safe cost you maybe a hall of famer vs 2 good players. 

Yeah so we wouldn't have been able to draft Moore or Jackson, maybe Thomas. Yeah I think we did just fine.

7 hours ago, Chosen Newton said:

Go away. No one cares about your two cents. The only reason you have a score of 961 is because of all the poo reactions everyone has been giving you with your lame takes. 

Yeah people poo it because they can't handle the truth just like u. They can't understand real football

Archived