• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favorite to trade up with Jets?

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

That’s the problem people thinking like you. We don’t need just a guy or solid day one. We need huge boost from whatever edge we are drafting not a safe floor I might be solid/ shaw Thompson type player.

I think I just misconstrued, maybe. I thought you were saying that the post you responded to claimed Ferrell was a speed rusher. Now I get that you were only stating objection that Ferrell isn't a speed rusher. Got it.

16 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Well, Bucky did work with Hurney, didnt he?  Maybe he has some connection still?

That being said, I have two points:

1) if true, who would we be targeting?  Bosa, Gary, Allen?

2) if true, there would be no greater symbol of the Rivera era than winning a meaningless game that drops you out of the top ten, only to turn around and give up assets to move up.  Just lol.

Blame the players for not wanting to lose

5 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

It wouldn't make sense to give away the future for any DE available...

Im not saying it makes sense to trade away future picks.

Just stating Allen would be the only person to even consider trading up.  Even then wouldnt trade away a future first

48 minutes ago, Edwurst said:

I think I just misconstrued, maybe. I thought you were saying that the post you responded to claimed Ferrell was a speed rusher. Now I get that you were only stating objection that Ferrell isn't a speed rusher. Got it.

I guess I wasn’t clear my friend. Apologies.

No Ferrell is not a speed rusher, he’s got many parts to his game, his hand technique for example is actually elite.  Burns is simply a speed rusher, he will get abused by double teams and teams will run right at him at least until he learns the pro game.  If he learns the pro game.  These guys are prospects remember that and some will bust.  Don’t just read about these guys on the internet.  Go watch the tape, there is no way watching both guys that you can honestly tell me Burns is a better prospect than Ferrell.  It’s actually not even close to me.  If you tell me every down is third and long and the offense is in an obvious passing situation that Burns may get off the line quicker, that may be his only advantage.  Too bad there’s other downs and distances, this isn’t college.  Burns has potential I’m not trying to knock him down, but to compare him to Ferrell is silly in my opinion as he’s a complete player right now.  If Ferrell is gone which I suspect he will be (I’m praying it’s not too Atlanta) than Burns may be all that’s left.  That’s when u think of trading up to get the last guy left of this class, or you trade back and acquire more picks.

6 hours ago, NJPanthers89 said:

Burns is said to have no power, if his speed doesn't get him past the OL he's done. Ferrell has power to get thru the OL, if he's gone then Dillard or Wilkens would be better picks than Burns.

Archived