• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favorite to trade up with Jets?

Jeremy Igo

12 hours ago, ncfan said:

We havnt even met with anyone projected in the top 5

Highest projected would be Sweat who I know we really like and some predict to the Giants at 6

I could see us trying to trade up into the top 10 for Sweat, Gary, or Taylor, but I'm not a fan of it. Toomany holes on our team to give away picks. I think Brooks is just trying to get a few clicks.

I can't see it just because we have so many holes to fill. I will say the thought of Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen would excite me, it would be way too much to give up. That is a move for a team who believes they are a pass rush away from a championship. 

I think we are more than a pass rush away. Also I don't want to give up that second rounder and definitely not a future 1st. 

It comes down to this: 

Trade Up: Get Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen. Give up 2nd and future 1st. Go with safety/offensive line/defensive line (no order) with the 2 thirds and 1 fourth. Would that put us in championship contention? Also, the future 1st banks on a very healthy Cam which unfortunately he hasn't been the past couple of seasons. This is a time where I wish they had protection on 1st round picks like the NBA. Only goes to the other team if it was 20+. 

So for me too risky.

DL - Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Quinnen Willimas, Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary, Montez Sweat, Brian Burns, Clelin Ferrell 

Someone at the end of that list will still be there at 16, all these outlets need click bait / material -- I will be glad once the draft starts so all this ridiculous reporting can end. We're not trading up to #3 (No team wants part in that, it costs waaaaaayyyyyy too much) as many have stated or should know that's a price ONLY worth a franchise QB. 

I could see us moving up within 5 spots if the edge rushers have a run on them, but when you factor in the following as top 15 potential picks as well, it's hard for me to believe we won't be able to still get our guy at 16 (or within a 2-5 spot trade up).

QB - Kyler Murray, Duayne Haskins, Drew Lock, Daniel Jones (possibly via a team trading up)

LB- Devin White, Devin Bush 

DB - Greedy Williams

OL - Andre Dillard, Jonah Williams, Jawaan Taylor 

WR - DK Metcalf

With the varying needs of the teams ahead of us (along with what many did in free agency) I seriously doubt BOTH (Sweat / Burns) are off the board by 16. I listed 8 DL above, I doubt we see all of them go in the top 16.  However if that is the case it does push other talent down to us, I think if anything this version of Marty has shown a level of restraint and patience, and while all the additions / picks haven't work or are TBD, he also hasn't made the crippling mistakes like before. 

9 more days...

11 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

DL - Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Quinnen Willimas, Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary, Montez Sweat, Brian Burns, Clelin Ferrell 

Someone at the end of that list will still be there at 16, all these outlets need click bait / material -- I will be glad once the draft starts so all this ridiculous reporting can end. We're not trading up to #3 (No team wants part in that, it costs waaaaaayyyyyy too much) as many have stated or should know that's a price ONLY worth a franchise QB. 

I could see us moving up within 5 spots if the edge rushers have a run on them, but when you factor in the following as top 15 potential picks as well, it's hard for me to believe we won't be able to still get our guy at 16 (or within a 2-5 spot trade up).

QB - Kyler Murray, Duayne Haskins, Drew Lock, Daniel Jones (possibly via a team trading up)

LB- Devin White, Devin Bush 

DB - Greedy Williams

OL - Andre Dillard, Jonah Williams, Jawaan Taylor 

WR - DK Metcalf

With the varying needs of the teams ahead of us (along with what many did in free agency) I seriously doubt BOTH (Sweat / Burns) are off the board by 16. I listed 8 DL above, I doubt we see all of them go in the top 16.  However if that is the case it does push other talent down to us, I think if anything this version of Marty has shown a level of restraint and patience, and while all the additions / picks haven't work or are TBD, he also hasn't made the crippling mistakes like before. 

9 more days...

Yeah didn't we hear we was moving up to #2 to get Fournette for like two months. Yeah guess what that's how these people get paid is by really their bullcrap 

If you guys think for one single minute that Ron and Marty aren't in ass saving mode, I don't know what to tell you.

That is going to possibly make them make desperation moves...so far there are rumors of trading next years 1 to move wayyyy up in the draft, and also of us using a 2nd on a QB.

Ron wants the pass rush, and feels that a dominate D line can save his bacon, Hurney wants a backup QB in the case that Cam's shoulder really can't hold up to a full season.

We are in trouble with two dead men walking leading the franchise.

Absolutely no freaking way do we trade next years #1 - for any pick this year.  What happens if Cam comes back and his shoulder is crap, or if he gets hurt again early in the season.  If that happens we could end up with the #1 pick next year, and have to give it to some other team, when we could be drafting our new QB1.

2 hours ago, yasuhara2241 said:

I can't see it just because we have so many holes to fill. I will say the thought of Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen would excite me, it would be way too much to give up. That is a move for a team who believes they are a pass rush away from a championship. 

I think we are more than a pass rush away. Also I don't want to give up that second rounder and definitely not a future 1st. 

It comes down to this: 

Trade Up: Get Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen. Give up 2nd and future 1st. Go with safety/offensive line/defensive line (no order) with the 2 thirds and 1 fourth. Would that put us in championship contention? Also, the future 1st banks on a very healthy Cam which unfortunately he hasn't been the past couple of seasons. This is a time where I wish they had protection on 1st round picks like the NBA. Only goes to the other team if it was 20+. 

So for me too risky.

Right.. i want Cam to return to form as much as anyone but trading next year’s 1st  would be stupid. We’ll know this season whether his arm is back and can hold up or not. If he goes down that’ll be a top 10 pick and we’ll need a franchise QB. No way I’m trading that.  10 -12 would be the highest I’d even think of trading up to but I still think I’d rather take the the best pass rusher/olineman their at 16 and roll with it. if anything I’d rather move up from 47 if someone slides or move back from 16 if our guys aren’t there. We’re 1 player away mentality can lead to big mistakes 

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

Absolutely no freaking way do we trade next years #1 - for any pick this year.  What happens if Cam comes back and his shoulder is crap, or if he gets hurt again early in the season.  If that happens we could end up with the #1 pick next year, and have to give it to some other team, when we could be drafting our new QB1.

Exactly 

4 hours ago, Edwurst said:

It wasn't anywhere in the post quoted. Why don't you tell us where this comes from?

That’s the problem people thinking like you. We don’t need just a guy or solid day one. We need huge boost from whatever edge we are drafting not a safe floor I might be solid/ shaq Thompson type player.

I believe that the difference between a high ceiling player like Sweat and Gary is so different than the ceiling of a safer floor guy like Ferrell warrants trade up consideration. What are we basing his floor being higher on? Stats in college? Those go out the window day one of NFL training camp.

Defensive Line and offensive line are one of the truest one-on-one situations in the league, wouldn’t it be safer to bet on the guy with the bigger athletic advantage or more tools to work with? That’s why I don’t get the no one is worth trading up for crowd.. the no one but bosa and Allen people. 

Really in a class being portrayed as an all time great class only the first 2/3 guys are good and the rest are about the same? That doesn’t sound right. You have special rare talent in Sweat, Oliver’s movement ablilities are special, Gary’s athletic traits are special, as well as Burns.

Beyond those guys your back to normal. Complementary guys who could help, but help isn’t what the panthers pass rush need is it. We need a Alpha dog. We don’t have the luxuary of a safe floor pick. We need to knock this one out of the park.. you can’t fix something that requires surgery with band-aids and hope for the best. Our pass rush was awful. Ok won’t do it.

Archived