• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favorite to trade up with Jets?

Jeremy Igo

27 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Clausen was a 2nd, but see where your going

25 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Wasn't Clausen a 2nd round pick

Hurney wanted to trade up to get Clausen, there was an article about it a while back. But yea I misremembered it, it wasn’t in the first round, but he did want to trade up in the second round for him. That was the Panthers first pick that year (48th overall.

Hurney then proceeded to draft Lafell and traded up for Armanti a few rounds later. His saving grace was Hardy in 6th round.

Awful year for him though, a trade up for Clausen would’ve made it epically awful.

7 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Hurney wanted to trade up to get Clausen, there was an article about it a while back. But yea I misremembered it, it wasn’t in the first round, but he did want to trade up in the second round for him. That was the Panthers first pick that year (48th overall.

Hurney then proceeded to draft Lafell and traded up for Armanti a few rounds later. His saving grace was Hardy in 6th round.

Awful year for him though, a trade up for Clausen would’ve made it epically awful.

I remember Kiper claiming teams would be sorry for passing on Clausen and he mocked Clausen at 7 to the Raiders i believe

The only team in recent memory to pull off a trade like this and win out was ATL with JJ. I honestly don't see a player of that magnitude in this draft. With that said I would like to see TB or ATL sell the farm to prevent Carolina from doing it with this info out.

1 hour ago, Trill OG said:

Bosa not even the best DE in this draft. Allen has more potential, and will be the best DE out of this class when all is said and done. I even think Sweat will have a better career than Bosa.

Well just about every draft expert out there disagrees with you.  But yeah, you're smarter than those idiots.

46 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

Smart teams trade back and amass picks in recognition of the inexact science that is the NFL draft. There is power in numbers. Stay at sixteen and if the " right guy" is not there be willing to trade back especially to a team seeking a QB who fears that Giants might grab him at 17.

This is a good point. Everyone is expecting the Giants to take a QB at 17 so if there's not someone we love at 16, put that pick on the auction block and starts bidding high.

Archived