• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favorite to trade up with Jets?

Jeremy Igo

If the edge rushers start hitting a run, it would be prudent of Hurney to move up a few spots and secure one (especially get in front of Atlanta).  I would most definitely not be trading next years first, but i would move this years third to go up to 13 as i can see Miami wanting to move back.  Walk away with Ferrel or Burns and its a major win.  If they go and it doesn't work out, best Oline player available at 16 or trade back..

33 minutes ago, t96 said:

Only player I’d even entertain this thought for is Bosa, and even then it’s most likely a no chance.

Bosa not even the best DE in this draft. Allen has more potential, and will be the best DE out of this class when all is said and done. I even think Sweat will have a better career than Bosa.

48 minutes ago, ncfan said:

No, he pointed out the roster log jam.  Looking like we wouldnt sign all 7 picks meaning something will be traded

oh no I get your post and agree with his logic I'm just wondering if that was you lol

Part of the reason you go 3-4 is that you aren't as dependent on having great front 4 personnel.  Most people seem to think with a 3-4 you can use scheme more to make up for lack of talent.

This team is more than one player away.  Also I would prefer to fill out a team with some young cheap talent through the draft and then if you want a superstar use your cap savings form having the cheaper drafted players filling positions to then go and sign a high dollar free agent.

We all have our opinions, but i honestly don't see a huge difference between Allen and Burns.  Bosa is on another level to me.  Ferrell is my target for the Panthers, he can do it all, has a great motor, can blow through double teams, is good against the run (unlike pure speed rushers like Burns, watch how many times he just gives up on a play if hes doubled), and has hand skills that are pro ready.  Plus he dropped into coverage plenty so he's suitable to our hybrid scheme day 1. I haven't wanted a player more for the Panthers (Ferrell) since Star.  i'm excited for next week.  Burns is an elite speed rushing prospect with impressive bend, but i feel like he will be relegated to third and longs while he learns the pro game for the first 2-3 years.  Ferrell is more pro ready day 1 to me..Again everyone has their own opinions this time of year.

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Otah and Everrett Brown

Armanti Edwards pick ended up being the 33rd pick, pretty much a 1st

Don’t forget the trade ups that never worked out...

Like trading into the first round to get Clausen *shutters*

Archived